Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, is it possible to change the stock muffler tip to bigger tip?
I've replaced my stock muffler to after market one. After 1 yr....I got tired of the loud sounds from the muffler and thinking about changing back to stock one. oh~ if I can replace the tip.....where can I get it?
I'm in Ft. lauderdale Florida~ Thanks~~

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
cut off the tip and have a muffler shop weld on a bigger tip. Kind of tacky but whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
ask someone in your area with a IS (regional forum), tell them you will buy the rear-section of the exhaust for 20bucks....some people throw out the rear section when they get exhaust

bolt off the rear section you have-junk it!

install their rear section and it'll be OEM again..nd maybe polish up the tip they gave you...looks nicer

probably cheaper alternative and nicer looking.......

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
why don't you get buy a SportDesign muffler? there are a few for sale in the FS forum. you'll basically have a stock muffler with a chrome tip. :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
silencer?! is there such thing as universal fit silencer? how much are they? and after intalling that, does the muffler sounds like stock? nice and quite?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.