Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I've had a new body A4 for the last 2 years and its an automatic and I was just getting plain bored of the car. It was a 3.0 with Quattro and Automatic ... in other words heavy and slow (and feels slow).

I test drove an IS 300 stick yesterday and thought it was the most fun car I've ever driven. This actually includes my dad's Porsche 911 and the M3 he traded that for.

Any basic stuff to know about the car. Any negatives, and positives and anyone else who went from an A4 to an IS ?

I saw that 0-60 for a stick is 6.8 and my A4 was like 7.7 ... using factory numbers for each. However, i felt like the IS really had some amazing pickup.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Though I love the IS, there's no way it's funner than a Carrera or M3.

Both factory numbers seem optimistic compared to what mags have gotten. Expect the 5-Sp IS to be about 0.6 s faster in the 1/4 mile than the A4 3.0 awd auto. The E-Shift IS is about 0.3 s quicker in the 1/4 mile than the A4 3.0 awd auto.

IS300

Pros: reliability, safety, & all-around performance
Cons: styling (taillights), interior trim

Dark-coloured IS starting in 02 & up come w/ "smoked grey" taillights, & all 04 come w/ them. They're better looking IMO than the "altezza" taillights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts