Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a 2002 5speed, and the clutch starts to bother me a lot recently. Couple months ago, my car got stolen and later recovered by the cops. Then it was hit and overheated. The insurance company repaired the car and refused to total the car.(Damn it!) The dealership change the cylinder heads and gasket, etc. everything it is fine, until recently i noticed that when the car is idle, there are some noises from the tranny(or from the engine, i am not sure). however, when i push down the clutch, the noise goes away. I have my friend checked, he told me the bearing inside the tranny need to be replaced. And he also suggest me to check the fluid/oil level inside the tranny/bearing and see if the noise go away. Can anyone give me any ideas what is going on before i do the repair? He quote me $650 for the whole thing. BTW, does it still cover by the warranty? Do you think it is related to previous overheated damaged? Thanks for all your inputs!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Throw out bearing

Yah I think its the Throw out bearing from what you describe, I had a manual 4runner and when the throw out bearing goes out the tranny will make a lite sound untill you push down on the clutch, Anyway a new clutch kit usually includes a new throw out bearing, Dunno if thats covered by your warranty. Lemme know

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts