Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very interested in purchasing a 2003 IS300, but I have a couple of questions....

What is the deal with the "Power and Leather Package" and the "Leather Package"???

According to carsdirect.com and kbb.com the "Power and Leather Package" comes with:

• Leather Seat Trim
• 8-Way Power Driver & Passenger Seats
• Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade
• HomeLink Wireless Control System

And the Leather Package comes with:

• Leather Seat Trim
• 8-Way Power Driver & Passenger Seats
• HomeLink Wireless Control System

Yet, the Power and Leather Package is $1000 cheaper than the Leather Package????

Am I missing something here fellas???

Would someone please explain this to me, because it has me baffled. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer!

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
I think the cheaper one is for the Ecsaine/Leather seats, and the other is for full Leather seats. Also, one has a sunroof, and the other doesnt?? (according to what you have written down)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I think that may be a mistake on edmunds end. Maybe it was mistakenly switched. I cannot find the option of no-sunroof on the lexus.com site, but I know you can get a car without it. It will be tough though since most IS' are shipped nearly fully loaded.

Generally a fully loaded IS w/o NAV can be had for about 30K nowadays.

-crontab -l

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
crontab said:
I think that may be a mistake on edmunds end. Maybe it was mistakenly switched. I cannot find the option of no-sunroof on the lexus.com site, but I know you can get a car without it. It will be tough though since most IS' are shipped nearly fully loaded.

Generally a fully loaded IS w/o NAV can be had for about 30K nowadays.

-crontab -l
Yep, I had a hard time finding one without leather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agent009_98 said:
Power and Leather Package comes with "escaine" leather while the other one comes with the "real" leather.

go to www.lexus.com
I have gone to Lexus.com but I am still confused....

There are actually 4 packages:

Leather Package $2105
Leather/Escaine Package $1805
Power and Leather Package $1105
Power and Escaine Package $805

Can someone explain the differences in these packages to me???

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cars direct isn't exactly accurate. When I was looking to preference order my IS I saw they had "wood switch plates" as an option. These being wood trim on the doors around the window switches. When I called corporate lexus to make sure they were an option they said it has been discontinued. Dunno if anyone even ever got those, I haven't seen anyone with em on this forum.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hmmm, when I bougt my 02' the power package with full leather and moon roof was cheaper then just getting the leather alone, it's a package incentive deal, so that they can just load up the car and not have to build too many cars with different options, that's what the dealer told me. Actually I just wanted to get the LSD, but the only way I could get it was if I also got full leather, moonroof, graphite wheels, and rear spoiler.

·
8,880 Posts
Lexus website explains every package you listed in detail.

If you want us to explain the differences, copy-paste the packages and their descriptions.
They differ from areas to there's no way to see what you're looking at.

·
11,061 Posts
DHCrocks said:
Hmmm, when I bougt my 02' the power package with full leather and moon roof was cheaper then just getting the leather alone, it's a package incentive deal, so that they can just load up the car and not have to build too many cars with different options, that's what the dealer told me. Actually I just wanted to get the LSD, but the only way I could get it was if I also got full leather, moonroof, graphite wheels, and rear spoiler.

I got a 2001 with LSD and NO sun roof. They goofed coding at the factory and six cars were made and shipped to the dealer with all the goodies less the sun roof. That was JUST what I wanted. I've been a happy camper ever since.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
winamprulz said:
When I was looking to preference order my IS I saw they had "wood switch plates" as an option. These being wood trim on the doors around the window switches. When I called corporate lexus to make sure they were an option they said it has been discontinued. Dunno if anyone even ever got those, I haven't seen anyone with em on this forum.
You're wrong on the last sentence. My 2002 has the Wood Switch Plates. I had to special-order my IS primarily because I wanted a manual with LSD, which, for the 2002 model year, was extremely hard to find in the southern U.S. Since I had to special-order anyway, I went ahead & got the wood plates and no sunroof. The sales rep at the dealer said that mine was probably the weirdest IS he'd ever ordered.

·
Registered
84 Posts
JRUHI4 you are VERY lucky! I wanted those to add a bit more luxury to the interior of the IS. Do you happen to have any pics? I'd love to see how it spices up the inside.

·
Registered
487 Posts
chillinium said:
leather escaine is the better package
It is actually a good package and the escaine looks luxurious and plush, however the downside, if something spills on it like coffee, soda, milk or water, it is hard to take it out. I have seen one on the dealer for sale used and I bet they couldn't get the thing out. bought a new 2003 black IS300 with the leather package, sunroof, homelink with e-shift instead of the escaine.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
They goofed coding at the factory and six cars were made and shipped to the dealer with all the goodies less the sun roof. That was JUST what I wanted. I've been a happy camper ever since.
Why wouldn't you want a sunroof? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
winamprulz said:
JRUHI4 you are VERY lucky! I wanted those to add a bit more luxury to the interior of the IS. Do you happen to have any pics? I'd love to see how it spices up the inside.
Unfortunately,no. I don't even own a digital camera. However, there's an IS300.net meet coming up here in South FL within the next month or so. Maybe I can persuade someone to take a photo that can be posted on the site. I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
viper66 said:
For a number of reasons in my case. South FL is so hot & humid most of the time that it's far more comfortable to just close up everything & crank up the A/C. At the time I ordered my IS it was cheaper to get one without the sunroof (I realize this is no longer true). An IS without a sunroof is about 40 lbs. lighter. Finally, after reading about some fellow .neters complaining about sunroof problems (mostly squeaks & rattles, although I think somebody had more serious issues), I'm glad I have one less thing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
jruhi4 said:
viper66 said:
For a number of reasons in my case. South FL is so hot & humid most of the time that it's far more comfortable to just close up everything & crank up the A/C. At the time I ordered my IS it was cheaper to get one without the sunroof (I realize this is no longer true). An IS without a sunroof is about 40 lbs. lighter. Finally, after reading about some fellow .neters complaining about sunroof problems (mostly squeaks & rattles, although I think somebody had more serious issues), I'm glad I have one less thing to worry about.
I can see those points. Practically speaking, they make sense...but screw praticality.

For me, there's nothing better than going out just before dusk on a nice summer night with all the windows down, the sunroof open and the music turned up. Just as you get out of town and on to the back roads you can look up and see the tree-tops, the moon, and the stars...and just cruise.

The only thing better would be a convertable, but I wouldn't give up my IS for anything.

I guess it's just a personal preference. :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts