Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Avelectronic dvd/tv converter. For those who have it, I wanted to know how/where did you position your antennas to get good reception. If anyone has a tv tuner, where did you place your antennas. As of now I have them laying the back of my rear speakers. When I stop I get some reception on only some channels but I would like to make it better. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Manny

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I have mine laying in the back, one side laying pointing out the back of the car, and one laying pointing to the side. Since I have tint nobody can really see them. They came with double sided stickies to put them on the windows. But when I tried holding them there it didn't make a difference. My reception is better the closer I get to the mountains where those broadcasting antennas are for the major channels. But other channels come in super clear. 2-13 not so good. 14+ great. it figures

·
8,827 Posts
thedon said:
2-13 not so good. 14+ great. it figures
It, probably, is something that has to do with the frequency of the channels.
2-13 is meter waves and 14+ is decimeter.
For 2-13 channels, a long antenna(s) (bunny ears) is used, for 14+, a round one is.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lexowner said:
I can't wait till they come out with mobile satelite tv. It would be awesome to watch SportsCenter while on the go! :p
I think that is out already b/c I remember my uncle talking about that, since he has a lot electronics in his truck. I think he said that it would cost like $3k but maybe he was talking about something else.

Thanks for the replys.

Manny

·
Registered
70 Posts
SilverIS03 said:
lexowner said:
I can't wait till they come out with mobile satelite tv. It would be awesome to watch SportsCenter while on the go! :p
I think that is out already b/c I remember my uncle talking about that, since he has a lot electronics in his truck. I think he said that it would cost like $3k but maybe he was talking about something else.

Thanks for the replys.

Manny
Yup, it is out already. The antenna is of a flat design the size of the roof of a car. IT was meant to be installed on SUVs or Minivans with roof racks.

http://www.kvh.com/products/product.asp?id=79

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.