Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
transmission pops out of reverse when going approx 15mph+...(just driving down a street and missed my destination so i backed up, safely)

anyone have an idea why it's doing that??? happened twice when transmission was cold...couldn't replicate when transmission was at operating temp.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
that happened in my VW Jetta when i dropped the clutch at redline in reverse.. :lol:i abused the sh^t out of the tranny, but it would actually hold until i think it was at 20 MPH. i just think it pops out for safety of the transmission.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TuRbONeTiCs said:
that happened in my VW Jetta when i dropped the clutch at redline in reverse.. :lol:i abused the sh^t out of the tranny, but it would actually hold until i think it was at 20 MPH. i just think it pops out for safety of the transmission.
i don't think it's a safety feature because: 1. i couldn't replicate it; 2. it's actually unsafe for it to pop out..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.