Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Eibach Pro springs on for about a month now, and ever since the second week after install, when I hit a bump or when I turn a corner, I get a popping noise from what seems to be the suspension setup. I have triple-checked my install, and it all looks good. I can't figure out what is going on. I have stock shocks, so that might be the problem. Any help would rock, this noise is terrifying.

Ki11bert

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Retighten the sway bar bolts? I had a popping noise when I went over bumps when my sway bar bolt was loose.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ki11bert said:
I have had my Eibach Pro springs on for about a month now, and ever since the second week after install, when I hit a bump or when I turn a corner, I get a popping noise from what seems to be the suspension setup. I have triple-checked my install, and it all looks good. I can't figure out what is going on. I have stock shocks, so that might be the problem. Any help would rock, this noise is terrifying.

Ki11bert
I got the same problem with my Lsportline on Stock Shocks...but seems to me after checked it yesterday the place I did it at done a shit job, so I m going there again this afternoon to get ti fixed....:(

Matt

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ki11bert said:
Thanks. I think I did a good job!
Got the car back in today, i watched them and they put all the springs in place, but there is still that problem, now i think that the probelm is that the end of the springs are not even and smooth so i guess this is why, going to ask lexus at service on friday.

matt

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
ummmmm...........can anyone else help??? called lsportline they said it must be not fitted probly...:(......going back to lexus and get it checked on monday (your Sunday)

Matt

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Is there a bushing (bearing) that may have been left out or not seated properly where the shock assembly fits at the top?

Another possibilty is that the ends of the coils don't fit perfectly into the end plate. Sometimes it takes a little twist to seat them there.

For diagnosis you can jack up a wheel and then us a hydraulic jack under different points on the suspension arms and move the suspension up and down with the jack. If you hear the noise, then you are close to the source and can hear it or isolate the area. That's how I found my loose sway bar bracket.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Funny you should mention suspension noise. I remember awhile back, a topic about a ringing noise coming from the rear passenger side suspension. I'm not sure it was ever clarified back then. But I heard it before and was found to be common on the early automatics I think It was like a light ringing noise over bumps. I heard it on my car, every so slightly. Never though much about it.

Now I just got my Eibachs installed a few weeks ago, I hear that same ringing noise other like before, but a little more noticeable. Anyone else get this rattling/ringing noise from the rear passenger side?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Letting you all know the noise is still there.... whenever I hit a bump, turn a corner, etc... Sucks balls, and I can't figure it out for the life of me. I did it all right, and all the ends of the springs are seated correctly. Everything is installed OK. The noise sounds like a threaded screw being pulled and pushed through a metal hole. Kinda like a popping/grinding noise. It can't be harmful for the car, because I haven't noticed any decrease in suspension performance. I think I'm gonna throw in the towel and take the fucker to a shop. I'm sick of the noise. If anyone has answers, lemme know! I'm all for saving money.

Kill

·
Registered
425 Posts
ya...

hi, i had the same problem with my eibach pro springs...always a popping noise when hitting a small bump or a corner...so, after i had it checked by 2 diff. shops including lexus dealership, everything was tight...so i took em off...i now have my factory springs back on...such a smoother ride...i haven't been able to contact them here in the states...their numbers have been disconnected...can anyone help me?? i also have noticed that the front right of my car has been higher than the rest of the car since they lowered it...i think the place i took it to sucks....the front right is about .37 inches higher than the rest of the car...does anyone know what that could be...i'm guessing it an arm thats bent when they tried to install the eibach springs...something...i'm not sure...help, please!!!! its really annoying me...thanks

joe

·
Registered
176 Posts
i used to have eibach pro kit, and i didnt have that problem
BUT! after i have my stock spring installed, I DO HAVE THAT PROBLEM!

Last time i tried to put some ring rubber on the spring, the noise is gone, BUT! it's there again since the rubber was off.
the rubber looks like this :

The problem is ..... where to get this thing, no one sells it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
thats strange cause i have no scratch marks on my springs...i jacked it up and checked it out closely...i think its deeper than that...i listened to the shock while my bro lifted the car and i hear the noise come from the shock...its weird...it can't be a shock cause i now have tokicos...and the noise is still there...its a mystery...i tired using mobil 1 synthetic to lube the bushings and it went away for a week...then it came back...its strange...well...i'll keep trying...i will eventually figure it out... :roll: ...i hope... :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
nope...so far...no one has solved it... :pissed:

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I posted this in the other thread...

if its coming from your rear suspension, check the top bolt that secures your shock shaft to the upper suspension mount. You need to hold the shaft in place with an allen wrench and turn the bolt with an open ended wrench. If you don't hold the shaft, it can just spin with the bolt which causes it to be loose and possibly make noise.

Also check your sway bar bushing mounts and end bolts.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i think i got it...my cousin in germany told me about this...he told me to use copper grease of bushings...not synthetic...i used mobil 1 synthetic on it and the noise went away temporarily...then it came back cause the grease wore off...he said copper grease is really powerful...i forgot what kind...but i'll find out...someone correct me if i am wrong...i will buy the copper grease later this week...i'll let ya'll know when i have it and where i bought it from...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts