Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed after a recall where the dealership resets the computer my car's throttle response and acceleration is amazing, but within a week the throttle response and acceleration is terrible.

Ideas? Maybe a defective throttle positioning sensor?

I have a 2008 IS350 with the F-Sport Air Intake.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I don't have any codes and using the normal ECT mode. I do have a normal air filter and not using the F-Sport Airfilter that came with the intake kit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is pretty typical, the ECU uses a bit of "fuzzy logic" to determine the best LTFT's (long term fuel trims) for your driving habits. One thing to make sure of though, is that you are using 91+ octane fuel, as anything lower will likely cause the ECU to pull timing, resulting in less performance. If you want that quick response feeling again, I suggest pulling the fuses for the ECU every now and again. Also, while I am not certain of this, running "POWER" ECT mode should force the ECU into more aggressive throttle tip-in similar to, if not identical to resetting the ECU.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having the same problem too. So how do I fix it.. I already try to reset my ecu but it don't help and my ect snow don't have the power mode..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts