Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I decided Im going to buy my IS before the end of the year, so today I finally went to look at one. I called yesterday and set up an appointment to meet with the salesman, and drive one. So, this morning my girl and myself pile into the rented Grand Prix and head to the dealership. We get there, and I ask for the salesman I spoke with over the phone, only to find out that he didnt come in today. The receptionist told us someone would be with me shortly. Thrirty-five minutes later, we were still out on the lot, wondering aimlessly looking at the different models, no salesman in sight.
We decided that we were tired of waiting, and were about to leave when someone finally came over to "help" us. I knew right off this guy was a prick, but after wasting so much time already, I at least wanted to DRIVE one. After 10 minutes of him half ignoring us and half-a$$ answering my questions, I asked to drive one. He answered a curt "no" and told me that there was no demo available at the moment, and that the models on the lot were for people who "actually intend to buy one." I kid you not, those were his exact words!
I felt myself about to come unglued, and I think the G-F sensed it to, because she grabbed my hand, and pulled me to the car.
Im not going to name names, and I hope this was just an isolated incident. I know that Im young and all, but hell, the IS' main target is young folk such as myself. Ive heard Lex is very customer driven, so Im going to think positive, and just look again when I get back home to San Fran.

Justy
99 328i

·
Registered
14 Posts
i went in to a beverly hills lexus dealership about two weeks ago and i was surprised at how nice they were, considering i was probably 20-30 years younger than the typical buyer and i went in there with jeans and t-shirt.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hey i'm sorry about your experience......I had the same type at the Acura Dealer in Pasadena.....they flat out told me they wont let me test drive the car because I didnt look like a buyer and the salesperson left.....oh well......gald that happened, same day.....went to Lexus of Berverly Hills talk to Fritz and left with a IS300 the same night.......and I'm so happy with my IS.......nicky

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Yeah, that's too bad, I've been treated that way too at other dealers...but I believe that can happen to anyone and it shouldn't be indicative of all L dealers. Must have just been an "off" day for them. Better luck next time.

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited December 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Lexus of Beverly Hills...is that the same as Jim Falk Lexus (of Beverly Hills)? I always wondered what kind of attitude they would have since their "boutique" is where all the other car "boutiques" are (if I recall correctly).

·
Registered
115 Posts
A friend of a friend went into a SF area Lexus dealer a year or so back, and couldn't get waited on...so he went down the street to a Porsche dealer, bought a car, drove it back to the Lexus dealer, went inside, pointed to his new Porsche, and said "I bought that with the money I had intended to spend here, you @$$holes!"

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by markymark:
i went in to a beverly hills lexus dealership about two weeks ago and i was surprised at how nice they were, considering i was probably 20-30 years younger than the typical buyer and i went in there with jeans and t-shirt.
"Typical" Lexus IS300 buyer is 35 year old male according to Lexus marketing materials. I hope you aren't 20-30 years younger.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by ijmis300:
A friend of a friend went into a SF area Lexus dealer a year or so back, and couldn't get waited on...so he went down the street to a Porsche dealer, bought a car, drove it back to the Lexus dealer, went inside, pointed to his new Porsche, and said "I bought that with the money I had intended to spend here, you @$$holes!"
I hope the friend of your friend didn't REALLY want a Lexus. And I hope the Porsche has worked out for him. Sure would be a shame if he let his temper get out of control and spent $50K on his SECOND choice car because he couldn't wait for sales help.

I've gotta believe that in the SF area (like the DC area) there are multiple Lexus dealers and that by driving 15 or 20 miles he could have gotten a Lexus.

And it's a damn shame, if some of the posts on this board are to be believed about how great Lexus reliability is and how spotty Porsche reliability is, that the friend of your friend is probably spending a lot of time in the Porsche service lobby, getting to know the guy who sold him his car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by RacerX:
"Typical" Lexus IS300 buyer is 35 year old male according to Lexus marketing materials. I hope you aren't 20-30 years younger.

sorry, i meant typical buyers for the LS and GS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by JW:
Lexus of Beverly Hills...is that the same as Jim Falk Lexus (of Beverly Hills)? I always wondered what kind of attitude they would have since their "boutique" is where all the other car "boutiques" are (if I recall correctly).
yup jim falk lexus. they were pretty nice considering that it is in a pretty exclusive area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
markymark
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing