Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased some polyurethane bushings from LTD..

(01-05) IS 300 Front Strut Rod Bushing 48660-53010

(98-05) IS 300 Rear Carrier Bushing OEM# 4861059025

...problem is the rear carrier bushing (didnt cross check the part number first) is listed as a upper control arm part...my un-inclined tale thought both bushings were for the LCA's

I think I have a solution for the problem, however I wanted to double check and get some input..

I had read on this thread...

http://my.is/forums/f89/alignment-woes-stock-suspension-need-input-390629/index6.html

Users mentioned that Sc430 and GS LCA's fit the IS...question is will the polyurethane bushings made for these cars fit the IS300?

(4/91-8/96) SC 300/400 Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit

that is the set I was looking at in particular...maybe I should just order them from TopSpeed and get off of Polyurethane Bushings all together

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wish I could get some input on this query of mine. Anyways, I might just be a mule and order a set and see what the fitment is like after all.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say I read the whole thread, maybe not precisely( ive been through it multiple times..i Know it skipped from steering rack back to LCA's bushings..

but the part where somebody references that our LCA's are the same as the SC/GS and then they bring up that daizen sells a bushing set that IS owners can use if thats the case...so is there some truth in that or does that not include the LCA bushings?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GS and SC control arms do not fit...they are longer. The inner bushing however my be the same (unconfirmed.) as they have the same spacing side to side. I make rear LCA's for both that is how I know. Keep up with the other threads though as more info will be confirmed.

Fig

I just got off the phone with Carson and they told me the same thing. Thanks for the info still however... :approve:

I see you also make alot of parts for the IS, so when will you make some poly bushings? :bigSmile:

Now I have poly bushings for the number 2 arm (i believe?) and will have to settle for OEM for the number 1 arm... :confused: life goes on lol

·
Vendor
4,593 Posts
I just got off the phone with Carson and they told me the same thing. Thanks for the info still however... :approve:

I see you also make alot of parts for the IS, so when will you make some poly bushings? :bigSmile:

Now I have poly bushings for the number 2 arm (i believe?) and will have to settle for OEM for the number 1 arm... :confused: life goes on lol
I am making solid bushings for the steering rack and working on the caster bushings. All in time.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am making solid bushings for the steering rack and working on the caster bushings. All in time.
I guess patience is a virtue in this instance...I'll be waiting :popcorn:

continue the good work

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I said read the whole thread I did not mean it as you have not. I just meant maybe a second read would help. No one has tried the daizens and good thing because I was able to get in touch with them and they said the dimensions are smaller on the IS as opposed to the GS. Figs is right on the ball about the LCA bushings. He is our pull through for this kind of stuff because other companies jumped ship. Still not clear why... I'll will be waiting along with you! Keep on Keepin on Figs. We need you brother. I need the steering rack bushing with the small poly sleeve!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I said read the whole thread I did not mean it as you have not. I just meant maybe a second read would help. No one has tried the daizens and good thing because I was able to get in touch with them and they said the dimensions are smaller on the IS as opposed to the GS. Figs is right on the ball about the LCA bushings. He is our pull through for this kind of stuff because other companies jumped ship. Still not clear why... I'll will be waiting along with you! Keep on Keepin on Figs. We need you brother. I need the steering rack bushing with the small poly sleeve!
I didnt mean to make it sound like as your didnt think I did, just was explaining that even that I did I was still lost. Its all good, I called Carson and they gave me the bad news. Oh well, topSpeed will have to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.