Lexus IS Forum banner

Poll: Who thinks putting 'Altezza' Badging is lame?

3K views 57 replies 44 participants last post by  azzetlA 
#1 ·
I don't really want to start a flame war, but I want to get a general opinion, on what people think about debadging the Lexus embles and putting on the 'Altezza' emblem along with the front grille? At first I wanted to do this. Then I noticed a couple of other IS's in my area are doing the same thing. Then I thought to myself, this is lame. They are doing what Acura/Honda people are doing. I mean our IS300's are no Altezza's. They aren't 4bangers with Turbo. So why be a poser? Just expressing my opinions. How do you guys feel?

#2 ·
Eh. Yea this is a pretty loaded question. Um. I guess I agree though. Why pose?

If you are gonna do the emblems, go all out with everything. JDM full convert (antenna, wheel caps, badges, grill, etc), minus engine swap of course. :razz:

Just my .02

#3 ·
There are people on this forum saying their Lexus have been (unpleasantly) mistaken for another car make. I always suspect these incidents have something to do with losing the Lexus emblem (am I wrong?). Sure, the Altezza grill looks great, but I'll never get rid of the Lexus and IS300 mark. That would be like buying an M3 and take out the M3 emblem so people would think it's a 325.

#5 ·
I hear all of you guys. I myself, took off the all the emblems throughout the car. Kind of what Jedi mentioned, I replaced all the trunk logos: Lexus--->//TRD and the IS300--->ALTEZZA, and went without the middle symbol. I also replaced the stock rims with ADVAN MODEL 5's and put the JDM Neo-Customized kit on there. I know some of you guys think it's lame, but hey, we are all entitled to do what we like. I love my car just as much as you guys...just don't bash on me or others for being different.

#6 ·
Not an expert, but I would assume *some* of the car's cost comes from "luxo-brand markup".

From the opposite POV, you could say that ricers re-badge their car to look like something better, while an Altezza is a less expensive car than the IS3 (I'm assuming).

#7 ·
i think it is kind of lame. why buy a car, if you are going to try and badge as something else, i just don't see the point. its not an altezza, and IMO its something better.
to each their own, but those are my thoughts for my car

by the way, the altezza is not a 4cyl turbo, its just a 3sge .

<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>
On 2002-02-24 12:22, LexRespect wrote:
I don't really want to start a flame war, but I want to get a general opinion, on what people think about debadging the Lexus embles and putting on the 'Altezza' emblem along with the front grille? At first I wanted to do this. Then I noticed a couple of other IS's in my area are doing the same thing. Then I thought to myself, this is lame. They are doing what Acura/Honda people are doing. I mean our IS300's are no Altezza's. They aren't 4bangers with Turbo. So why be a poser? Just expressing my opinions. How do you guys feel?
</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

#12 ·
I'll be putting on the Altezza emblem on the trunk after i get my car repainted. I am currently looking for the Altezza wheel caps.

I honestly don't care what car people THINK i'm driving. I have the JDM Altezza Grille, so I think it would look nice if everything matched. So I'm making a slow appearance change to an ALTEZZA. I know I drive a Lexus, that's all that matters.

#14 ·
Honestly I took all the Lexus badges off and I am replacing the attenna, as well the center caps to Altezza. I am thinking of leaving the trunk alone I think it looks good without any badging. To make the long argument short on word explains it all (Personal Prefernce).

over and out!

#15 ·
yeah when i think about it its your car you do what u want......i wont knock you though unless of course you own that gold piece of $hit IS 300 with the ugly focking wing or the other is 300 with the focking neon lights everywhere inside his car even the shift knob hahahaha focking losers.....other than that i love you all cept them 2 schmucks

#16 ·
I'll have to agree with you on that one, jeff. That gold lexus is a bit out of hand...:smile:

anyways, anybody know where i can get the altezza caps for a decent price? I saw some on ebay a while ago, but i didn't get a chance to bid.

#17 ·
isn't personal preference two words? :wink:

<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>
On 2002-02-24 17:35, Kunal wrote:
Honestly I took all the Lexus badges off and I am replacing the attenna, as well the center caps to Altezza. I am thinking of leaving the trunk alone I think it looks good without any badging. To make the long argument short one word explains it all (Personal Prefernce).

over and out!

</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

#18 ·
my analogie...
IS300 rebadging to altezza
georgio armani rebadging to armani exchange?

why would you downgrade the image?
(not that is bad or anything... i just dont understand why peeps would do that...

well, that's jus' my own opinion... you go on and do whatever you like...

#19 ·
I personally wouldn't do it because I drive a Lexus IS300 not a Toyota Altezza. But if I see it, I won't think it's ugly or anything. It will bring my attnetion to it just because the stock emblems aren't there. Any little modification like that just brings attention to me, not necessarily in a bad way.

#23 ·
I just don't like when people go so far as to get the wheel center caps, badging, grille...EVERYTHING.
I bought the grille with the intention of taking the Altezza emblem off. I was upset to find that I could not do that without leaving a big ugly black block on the grille. Oh well.

#24 ·
well....... i have my emblems and grill changed to altezza.

and i basically don't care what ppl THINK it is. becuase if they new anything about cars then they'll know what kind of car it is. if they don't...then i don't car.

the emblem and grill looks better than the lexus ones anyways :smile:

plus you always have ppl looking at your car...i can't count how many ppl have driving next to me....look at the back....and try to look at the grill. or when it's parked ppl try to look inside and see what altezza is haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.