Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ?

Also which aftermarket screen do you plan to purchase ?

Farenheit T-7001MHR screen
Power Acoustiks ( not sure of model )
and NESA ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
903 Posts
i'm thinking about putting it in my car but it all comes down to finances... i want to go turbo but that isn't cheap, i could go ahead put in a mad ill system in my car get navigation blah blah, but i would have lil to nothing left over. :pissed: , lifes bout choices. Imho navigation is a nice convieniance, but that is about it. Unless your the fedex delivery guy you won't be needing navi all that much unless you want to put ps2,dvd,tv, in your car.

id choose the farenheit btw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wino_II said:
I going to go with a 7" pioneer screen in the near future with Nav. 8)
I thought about that too with a fully Motorized screen, but if I do that it gets in the way of the Controls Right above it :(
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
22,782 Posts
isekii said:
Wino_II said:
I going to go with a 7" pioneer screen in the near future with Nav. 8)
I thought about that too with a fully Motorized screen, but if I do that it gets in the way of the Controls Right above it :(
Its called Auto Temp. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,294 Posts
I did the pioneer touch screen dvd nav setup. I installed it myself and it works like a charm. it's also voice activated which is cool! cost me $1400 for the setup with an external DVD player for movies.

BEST MOD i ever did!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BigDaddyRich said:
I did the pioneer touch screen dvd nav setup. I installed it myself and it works like a charm. it's also voice activated which is cool! cost me $1400 for the setup with an external DVD player for movies.

BEST MOD i ever did!
What model is it ?
You didn't go with the stock Nav location ?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
Maybe...
I may play with the idea of adding a second monitor in OEM housing.
For now, a monitor in the double-din area will do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vlad_a said:
Maybe...
I may play with the idea of adding a second monitor in OEM housing.
For now, a monitor in the double-din area will do.
how one did you use ?

also did you use the Metra Dash kit or the Scoche ?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
isekii said:
vlad_a said:
Maybe...
I may play with the idea of adding a second monitor in OEM housing.
For now, a monitor in the double-din area will do.
how one did you use ?

also did you use the Metra Dash kit or the Scoche ?
It is still in the works. JDM Dash kit - close to perfect match.
Click here for picture
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vlad_a said:
isekii said:
vlad_a said:
Maybe...
I may play with the idea of adding a second monitor in OEM housing.
For now, a monitor in the double-din area will do.
how one did you use ?

also did you use the Metra Dash kit or the Scoche ?
It is still in the works. JDM Dash kit - close to perfect match.
Click here for picture
Wouldn't you have to relocate the Trac, Heated Seats buttons ?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
isekii said:
Wouldn't you have to relocate the Trac, Heated Seats buttons ?
Done that a while ago.
Small potatos (only 5 wires to run) comparing to the other things I'm doing. :D Hint: That's a VGA monitor w/ USB touchscreen :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vlad_a said:
isekii said:
Wouldn't you have to relocate the Trac, Heated Seats buttons ?
Done that a while ago.
Small potatos (only 5 wires to run) comparing to the other things I'm doing. :D Hint: That's a VGA monitor w/ USB touchscreen :wink:
heh :)

where did you relocate the buttons to ?
I really want nav but the Dash motorized is so easily stolen :(

I'm thinking about Factory spot.

Also if I were to get lets say the AVIC-80 or AVIC 90, would that work with the Farenheit Screen ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,231 Posts
yep, I'm planning on going with a motorized screen and navi later on.
I will use it quite often, as I'm always driving clients around town... 8)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
isekii said:
where did you relocate the buttons to ?
I really want nav but the Dash motorized is so easily stolen :(

I'm thinking about Factory spot.

Also if I were to get lets say the AVIC-80 or AVIC 90, would that work with the Farenheit Screen ?
The keys are easily relocated to the spot left of the steering wheel, where the coin-holders are. Trac Off (Snow also in manual version), 1 heated seat button take 2 of 3 spaces there. There is a connector there already with 3 wires that can be used. It was intended for headlight washer function. The 3 wires are Illumination, Ground,+12V (if my memory serves me correctly).
Not sure about the AVIC-80 or 90 - haven't done reasearch on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
vlad_a said:
isekii said:
where did you relocate the buttons to ?
I really want nav but the Dash motorized is so easily stolen :(

I'm thinking about Factory spot.

Also if I were to get lets say the AVIC-80 or AVIC 90, would that work with the Farenheit Screen ?
The keys are easily relocated to the spot left of the steering wheel, where the coin-holders are. Trac Off (Snow also in manual version), 1 heated seat button take 2 of 3 spaces there. There is a connector there already with 3 wires that can be used. It was intended for headlight washer function. The 3 wires are Illumination, Ground,+12V (if my memory serves me correctly).
Not sure about the AVIC-80 or 90 - haven't done reasearch on them.
The Farenheit has RCA inputs, but the AVIC offers RGB outputs ?

Would I need some type of controller inbetween the connections ?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
isekii said:
The Farenheit has RCA inputs, but the AVIC offers RGB outputs ?
Would I need some type of controller inbetween the connections ?
There, probably, is a converter. The quality may be downgraded in the process. I would look for a screen that offers RGB input. There has to be one that can fit with some modifications.

For my needs, I am modifying Xenarc screen that has VGA input. It might be possible to use RGB-VGA adapter.
If you need details on that LCD, PM me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,294 Posts
isekii said:
BigDaddyRich said:
I did the pioneer touch screen dvd nav setup. I installed it myself and it works like a charm. it's also voice activated which is cool! cost me $1400 for the setup with an external DVD player for movies.

BEST MOD i ever did!
What model is it ?
You didn't go with the stock Nav location ?
ITs whatever the latest pioneer model is and its in the stock location.. i love the is300 radio!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top