Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question:
im wondering why the lips on my aluminum 18's dont polish up to a mirror like other aluminum parts (like my streetbikes rims). the rims are adr cast aluminum (yes i know not the best, they came with the car and are fine for me). do rims with polished lips usually have a clear coat over the lip? seems like it because hitting it with polish just "cleans" the lip instead of making it shine better.

it sounds stupid, but its actually my first set of aftermarket car rims so i gotta learn somehow. on my streetbike, i polished my rim lips, and a quick coat of mothers gives it a mirror shine...was hoping for the same with the car but i guess not.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
typically most polished lips are cleared. SO yeah, you're only gonna clean the clear not polish the actual metal.
This and the fact that most people who think they have polished wheels actually have a machined lip and not polished. "Machine polished is not the same as polished, Machine polished is just a fancy term for a machined finish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.