Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a new 2004 IS in Red, and wonder what the difference is between the polished rims for $400 extra, and the stock alloy rims. Can some post a pick of each? Do the polished rims look better? Are they worth $400 extra? Thanks. Tom in Las Vegas

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
They look almost gunmetal. I like them better than the silver ones, but I think it's more a matter of preference. Mine are just sitting in my garage now even though I paid for the graphite polished ones.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
The graphite polish have a darker color to them. They look better in my opinion. Here are some pics, the first is the regular silver and the other two are graphite rims.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Another approach would be to go with the cheapest stock rims and then upgrade them with something you really like. I haven't had a car yet that I didn't swap out the wheels.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
J4Y said:
what about those 11spoke rims i keep hearing about? what's the deal with those?
those are fugly!

I have the graphite polished wheels because I think they look better. but I already have 3 chips on my wheels due to rocks and debris. That's the downside of having them vs the regular silver ones.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
tomskilv said:
I am looking to buy a new 2004 IS in Red, and wonder what the difference is between the polished rims for $400 extra, and the stock alloy rims. Can some post a pick of each? Do the polished rims look better? Are they worth $400 extra? Thanks. Tom in Las Vegas
good choice in Color, heres my 2004 IS300 5sp. in Red

also the Graphite Polished Rims are more like a Gunmetal color. mine are just the standard Polished Alloy

·
Registered
44 Posts
kraze8 said:
J4Y said:
what about those 11spoke rims i keep hearing about? what's the deal with those?
those are fugly!

/quote]

..so does anyone have a pic of these 11 spoke rims?
i'm buying my is prolle this saturday.. and needa make
a decision.. heh..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hey Man,
I have the graphites and I think they look better and are easier to keep clean than the standard alloys because they have a shinier, smoother finish. It is true that this finish is basically "painted" on and therefore subject to chipping. I agree that if you plan to upgrade to aftermarket wheels, save the $$ when you buy the car and just get the regular alloys. :wink:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
yeah the 11 spokes look like HUBCAPS in IMO

the graphites make the stock car look DAMN TIGHT! :eek:

if you gonna roll on stocks for awhile get the graphites, you'll smile everytime you look at 'em

-peace

·
Registered
831 Posts
get the polished ones... you wont regret it

·
Registered
44 Posts
how do you get different ones? i called up 2 dealers.. and they like we have no clue what you're talking abt.. i asked for 11spoke.. and graphite.. oh plus they said.. even if they had different rims they dont swap rims from car to car..

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
http://www.lexus.com/models/is/5speed_exterior.html#wheels

Your dealers are lying to you. Report them to the 1-800 Lexus number, or ask them for a satifaction survey :shame: :shame: :shame:

There are many dealers that will be willing to swap wheels for you. They may not want to, but they should be willing to do it to make a customer happy.

www.Lexus.com said:
The standard 17-inch five-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 215/45ZR17 tires [1] help provide excellent handling and are powerful tools to tackle all types of challenging driving conditions. An 11-spoke version is also available at no extra cost. Looking for something a little sportier? The handsome 17-inch, five-spoke, graphite-polished, aluminum-alloy wheels are an excellent option.

·
Registered
44 Posts
IS JOE said:
http://www.lexus.com/models/is/5speed_exterior.html#wheels

Your dealers are lying to you. Report them to the 1-800 Lexus number, or ask them for a satifaction survey :shame: :shame: :shame:

There are many dealers that will be willing to swap wheels for you. They may not want to, but they should be willing to do it to make a customer happy.

www.Lexus.com said:
The standard 17-inch five-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 215/45ZR17 tires [1] help provide excellent handling and are powerful tools to tackle all types of challenging driving conditions. An 11-spoke version is also available at no extra cost. Looking for something a little sportier? The handsome 17-inch, five-spoke, graphite-polished, aluminum-alloy wheels are an excellent option.
...wow, there it is on lexus.com too.. those fuxin liars.. u shoulda heard them.. he switched the phone to some other manager/sales guy and they straight almost laughed at me thinking i'm some ricer kid trying to get hooked up from the dealer.. i'm hella unsatisfied.. gimmie that satisfaction survey beeches!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.