Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I don't want to encourage yet another tuner war, I would like to see what people's opinions are regarding these two S/C kits. They both put out similar numbers, are upgradeable and are priced almost identically. So....with those things in mind, what are they other variables that a potential customer would want to consider when deciding between these two kits? I know both Vortech and ATI make fine units, and everything else in both kits seems top notch. Anyone want to chime in with their .02?

·
Registered
575 Posts
well both kits are excellent.
but since you are asking, i say go for tbko.
just because its closer for you and you can drive to MD.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I'd wait for both of the dyno's, then compare. They both seem like really nice kits, so it gets down to the power delivery. If they're close on the dyno, too, then flip a coin..........

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't think power IS everything. What impresses me about PLP's kit is that Mike has been driving with one in for like a year now. I think that a lot of time and development went into both of their kits. Granted the release date kept being postponed, but I believe they wanted everything perfect. Looking at the pictures the S/C and all components fit very well and almost blend in under the hood. I cannot comment on TBKO's kit, but I think the best quality and surely customer service is and will come from PLP. After dropping this kind of cash on any S/C I want to know that in 2 years it will still be running and I will have a company that stands behind it. Also after doing as much research as I could, I believe the Vortech makes the best superchargers out there. 8)

·
8,880 Posts
Does the any of the two require ABS relocation? :-?
I noticed PLP has ABS unit bracket and hardware included.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
vlad_a said:
Does the any of the two require ABS relocation? :-?
I noticed PLP has ABS unit bracket and hardware included.
100% sure the Vortech requires relocating the ABS*
99.9% sure the TBKO S/C does not...

*I think it is very important to mention that the only negative to relocating the ABS is the time it takes to do it? (or so I think!).
Mike would not have released the kit if this were something you should be concerned about. Just my $.02

·
Registered
467 Posts
pm mike on some questions but no reply. anyways the plp looks pretty but i like the tbko cuz u dont have to make any changes to the car at all, just want to know how reliable the kit is.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
matic said:
pm mike on some questions but no reply. anyways the plp looks pretty but i like the tbko cuz u dont have to make any changes to the car at all, just want to know how reliable the kit is.
Talk to IS_Dude. He has the TBKO supercharger. I'm pretty sure that he loves it. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts