Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to try uninstalling a PLP Powerdyne SC from one IS and reinstalling it into another... Any advice, pictures, installation tips, complete color instructions with annotated bibliography ;-) or ANYTHING would be much appreciated.

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
If it is already on an IS you have all the pictures you need right in front of you! Just take off all the s/c parts, and reinstall them on the other IS exactly where you took them off from... :confused:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
300iss said:
If it is already on an IS you have all the pictures you need right in front of you! Just take off all the s/c parts, and reinstall them on the other IS exactly where you took them off from... :confused:
that was great, for a laugh... haha...

i have one word for you, digicam... embrace it... =)

:p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for pointing out the obvious... Now for those of you who understand that YES, I will be taking the sc exactly from one car to other, HOWEVER, these things can still be tricky and advice on the install is absolutely useful, please feel free to post. Thanks again...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Find yourself some small boxes, or empty egg cartons, or buy yourself some nice plastic bins. Label them per each "part" or "section" of the dissassembly. Address labels folded in half over any wires/hoses work well for labeling them. Start with the most accessible parts and only remove parts that aren't being swapped unless you absolutely must.

Hope some of this helps... as for procedure I can't personally help you there as I have never done a swap like this... but this is how I go about doing any DIY repair/replacement.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like good advice for keeping everything organized. Might even help me from having a dozen or so screws left over when I'm finished!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts