Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm wanting alittle more power so i'm going to get the 9psi pulley for the powerdyne blower..what is the max boost psi can the stock bottom end hold i'm also going to install a gte gasket to help it out alittle. also would i need to intercool it or not. i read on superchargers.com that if i were to intercooler a 9psi pulley i'm actually only boostin 7psi because of pressure drop .any more info will help me also pros and cons before i make the jump thanx

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
that sounds right.. with the PWR intercooler that comes with the PLP, I got a 1 PSI drop.
I found that out trying to troubleshoot my PSI problem.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
i would definately run an intercooler with 9lbs, and get a larger accessory pully for the crank as well.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Get a turbo :p

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
naw haveing a turbo is300 auto is no fun. my next car will be turbo and manuel for sure , when i'm done with the IS ill let my girl drive it and ill buy my self a new car

·
Registered
674 Posts
You can always swap and auto for manual as well. Boosted is300 that is auto or manual makes little difference (unless you just REALLY want a manual). Auto will probably yield you more consistent 1/4 mile times and better starts than a manual. quicker shifts and most likely less headache with clutch and other stick problems with this car. Usually if you want to hold serious power with a manual car, the clutch is going to be unbelievably stiff and in traffic you will regret it every single time. But hey, that’s just what I hear.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
9psi no intercooler sounds like death IMO. 9psi w/ intercooler is pushing it way too close to the threshold.

A gasket and 9psi w/ intercooler (-1psi -supercharger losses) would yield you maybe something under 280ish rwhp?

B.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
9 psi intercooled i'd think you'd get at least 300 rwhp, but then again i dont' follow all the s/c kits as closely as i'd like just seems a little low for that level boost and the 2JZ

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
^^ I know of at least one member running an SRT turbo at 9psi on stock compression, but I think thats mighty brave. But hell some out there have 94 and in Cali we are stuck with 91, crappy 91 at that.

*edit* oh yeah and the reason he comes to mind is because he was posting that his intercooler conections (cuplings on the hoses) kept falling/popping off, so he had to upgrade the cuplings (not such an expensive or hard thing, Home Depot to the rescue) and so you may have to do so also. Its common with stock Evo 8s also.

B.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts