Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Latex salesman
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a black powdercoated PLP heatshield with two minor scratches on the outside. The dealership scratched it when they removed it to replace a couple of O2 sensors. It's in perfect condition, except for the two scratches, and it can be powder coated any color or returned to its original aluminum color. It is easy to install. If you go to the PLP website, you can see a picture. I am asking $70 shipped.

Reactions: kponti

·
Latex salesman
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. The dealership offered to purchase another heatshield for me so I went to Carson Toyota to order another PLP but they didn't have one in stock so I ordered the LMS heatshield instead due to the auto show I entered over the weekend. I still have the box from LMS along with all the popcorn. What is your location? Alaska and Hawaii are a little more expensive to ship due to the distance. Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
No I call dibs on it haha. I'll even offer you $70.01 + shipping. Just kidding, but if kponti doesn't want it, it will go great w/ my new joe z intake! Thanks James

·
Latex salesman
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not heard from kponti. I will give him, I assume it's a "him", till the end of the day. If there is no response then it goes to you. BTW, the joe z is a great intake and it's similar to the PLP. I just sold my PLP intake and went with the SRT. If it does go to you, shipping will be extra but I will send it the most inexpensive way possible. I assume ATX is Australia? I should have put in a discalimer saying that "shipped" meant anything in the US excluding Alaska and Hawaii. I just ran into a similar situation when I sold my brand new TEIN H-Tech spring to Brent in Hawaii. They weighed 22.2 pounds and the cheapest shipping price was via USPS Priority mail for $41.75. I did not realize how expensive shipping would be and agreed to split the cost of shipping so it all worked out. I just want to avoid making that mistake again and ensure that you are aware upfront. Thanks for the interest.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Mayo said:
I have not heard from kponti. I will give him, I assume it's a "him", till the end of the day. If there is no response then it goes to you. BTW, the joe z is a great intake and it's similar to the PLP. I just sold my PLP intake and went with the SRT. If it does go to you, shipping will be extra but I will send it the most inexpensive way possible. I assume ATX is Australia? I should have put in a discalimer saying that "shipped" meant anything in the US excluding Alaska and Hawaii. I just ran into a similar situation when I sold my brand new TEIN H-Tech spring to Brent in Hawaii. They weighed 22.2 pounds and the cheapest shipping price was via USPS Priority mail for $41.75. I did not realize how expensive shipping would be and agreed to split the cost of shipping so it all worked out. I just want to avoid making that mistake again and ensure that you are aware upfront. Thanks for the interest.
Sorry man, I got soo busy at work I forgot to check back here

I am in Houston Texas. Will pm in a min

·
Latex salesman
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Amit. How are things going with you. Are you happy with the intake?

amitkc said:
greg..it prolly is austin, tx ;)

·
Latex salesman
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heatshield

Got it a few minutes ago. Thanks pal.

kponti said:
Sorry man, I got soo busy at work I forgot to check back here

I am in Houston Texas. Will pm in a min

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
absolutely... i could hear it a LOT over the past weekend on my way to and from Lexfest. 1200+ miles of hwy driving at 3500 rpm+ = fun !! :lol:

·
Latex salesman
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's awesome buddy. How was Lexfest? I just placed 3rd in my class (Toyota/Mazda Mild) at the 12th Annual Toyo Import Car and Truck Bash in Indianapolis.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
ahite..since this your thread, we can hijack it, since PLP is sold!..

Lexfest was awesome.. check otu the photo thread..my car isnt in there since a> Jay forgot to take pics of it B> it was dirty and covered in bugs since I didnt find a carwash before I got to Team Lexus.

Thats awesome to hear about your car. I'm sure its comign along real well. Post some pictures from the contest.

I'm tying to not let the mod bug get the better of me right now, since I just got a GPS NAV system for the car ( which is pocket-pc based, so its totally portable! ).

I just need to upgrade my car alarm, and i should be good. :)

·
Latex salesman
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A GPS huh. Do you get lost alot? Hehe. The mod thing can get pretty addicting and I vowed not to do all the things I did. I would like to say that I am done now but who really knows. NOPI will be a great experience next month. If you use a quick detailer on the front of your car a few times, the bugs will easily come off. I never took any pictures of the car show but you can check it out at their website....http://www.importandtruckbash.com/

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
AliciATX said:
No I call dibs on it haha. I'll even offer you $70.01 + shipping. Just kidding, but if kponti doesn't want it, it will go great w/ my new joe z intake! Thanks James
You are welcome. Hope you are having fun with it like I did. i miss it already cos my SRT isnt in yet :( . I did not realised the big diff. it made till I took it off again lol.

but I bought the heatsheild ;)

·
Latex salesman
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And it's a very good heatshield if I do say so. I really love the SRT intake. It sounds awesome at WOT!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts