Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those people who has the PLP heashield had encountered a vibration noise when you aggressively accelerate. When I check it, I noticed that the reason why it was causing the vibration is because that the heatshield was touching the manifold. If you had this problem, can you pls. reply for solution to solve this problem. thank you very much..

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It sounds like you have the old style heatshield. We have a new GII Heatshield that has been available. The GII heatshield incorporates end caps and a upper support. This heatshield is also currently used on all Team Lexus cars. If in fact you do have the original heatshield and would like to update I will extend 30% off. If you have the GII heatshield please make sure the bolts are tight and nothing is laying on it.
Mike

sherwing2000 said:
For those people who has the PLP heashield had encountered a vibration noise when you aggressively accelerate. When I check it, I noticed that the reason why it was causing the vibration is because that the heatshield was touching the manifold. If you had this problem, can you pls. reply for solution to solve this problem. thank you very much..

·
Registered
178 Posts
IS Pilot said:
It sounds like you have the old style heatshield. We have a new GII Heatshield that has been available. The GII heatshield incorporates end caps and a upper support. This heatshield is also currently used on all Team Lexus cars. If in fact you do have the original heatshield and would like to update I will extend 30% off. If you have the GII heatshield please make sure the bolts are tight and nothing is laying on it.
Mike

sherwing2000 said:
Hey wassup Mike,

I'm just wondering how to determine if the heatshield is 1st or 2nd gen....
I just bought a used one and it rattle at about 3000 RPM. :(

I think I'll just buy one from you but do I get the 30% off too? :D

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Aznboyz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing