Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on buying a dealer mod PFS Stage-1, 3" Exhaust, 1" Lowered 2004 IS300 with the E-shift Auto, and I am hoping it will be in the 5-6 second range for 0-60 or I will not buy it. Instead, I will opt for a G35 coupe I can turbo, or just buy a Stock M3.

Give me incentive to join the lexus community! BTW, the dealership claims the turbo mod DOES NOT void the factory 48 month, 50K warranty, or the 70k powertrain. That is why I want this car.

I am test driving it tomorrow (Thursday) right before I drive the G35.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Something to think about: You will want more boost in a short time period. Will that upgrade void your warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE

I will probably be happy with the Stage-1 boost for a long time if it can throw me into the seat. I can always work on adding a good intercooler, and other low-budget mods. I am not looking for 400RWHP while under warranty. I like the idea of the luxury feel of the lexus while ripping through the 1/4 mile.

But I wouldn't mind smoking the occasional Mustang-GT or Motorcycle-sounding Civic...

~I love toll boths.. they are great staging lanes...

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Re: RE

meisterpoet said:
~I love toll boths.. they are great staging lanes...
I'm with ya on this. Get rid ouf your electronic speed tag and go back to stopping at the booth :lol:

I don't think a new M3 is in the same class as the IS300 (even with the stage 1).

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
doesn't M3 run 13.3 stock.....

there's a guy who had a turbo-ed IS, ran 13.3 (roughly 330hp=SRT stage 2)

sold it and bought M3, runs 13.3 stock.

wouldn't you expect similar results from PFS stage 1 (340hp?)

ISfinallyMD has PFS stage one, mayne he could chime in better......?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
it will definitely be in the 5 - 6 second range in 0-60....
probably even faster! :eek:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
in my opinion turbo is300 > any cars -_-;

·
Registered
28 Posts
that is exactly what i was going to say. if the is300 and the M3 are same price, i woudnt even think of getting the is300 and would definately get the m3.. no questions about it. its stock and its ment for 330 hp.. everything in it is meant for that kind of power, but the is300 isnt really designed for HP like that, sooner or later.. something may go wrong and even if they tell you its under warranty and all, maybe when something does happen and you do go there and they somehow find out that the damage was caused by the turbo.. you arent going to be covered at all. Waranty will still be there unless they can prove that the damages were done by the aftermarket part that you put on.

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
dex_lexis said:
that is exactly what i was going to say. if the is300 and the M3 are same price, i woudnt even think of getting the is300 and would definately get the m3.. no questions about it. its stock and its ment for 330 hp.. everything in it is meant for that kind of power, but the is300 isnt really designed for HP like that, sooner or later.. something may go wrong and even if they tell you its under warranty and all, maybe when something does happen and you do go there and they somehow find out that the damage was caused by the turbo.. you arent going to be covered at all. Waranty will still be there unless they can prove that the damages were done by the aftermarket part that you put on.
I don't agree at all... I'd imagine you'll have just as many or more problems with a stock M3 as you would with a t/c IS... except on the one hand you'd deal with the dealer and PFS, and on the other you'd be stuck with BMW's lousy service.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
wouldn't the turbo-ed IS be cheaper then a new M3?

turbo IS-underdog

M3-straight pimp

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
there is no comparison between the M3 and the is since one costs almost half of the price of other. two difference classes. if just want mad power, go for the is, if u want looks with reasonable power and great handling in a stock car, i would go for the M3.

just my .02 :chill:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info. I had a Lexus loaner for the whole day.. E-shift, and I was moderately impressed. I feel the car will make 5.8 - 6.5 0-60 with the pfs stage 1. I also drove a G35 and was awed with the power. Now I am torn.. They want 37,000 for the dropped IS300 with a custom exhaust, leather package, eibach coil-overs, pfs stage 1.. E-shift.. and several other options.. It is the 2003 limited edition greyish color.

This thing looks sharp, I like the practicality of a 4door car with that turbo for performance. Cost is not really a deciding factor, but the stock g35 can get a Twin turbo mod...... and the M3 just looks mean.. but all in all, I have narrowed it to the g35 coupe and the is300.....

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
meisterpoet said:
Thanks for the info. I had a Lexus loaner for the whole day.. E-shift, and I was moderately impressed. I feel the car will make 5.8 - 6.5 0-60 with the pfs stage 1. I also drove a G35 and was awed with the power. Now I am torn.. They want 37,000 for the dropped IS300 with a custom exhaust, leather package, eibach coil-overs, pfs stage 1.. E-shift.. and several other options.. It is the 2003 limited edition greyish color.

This thing looks sharp, I like the practicality of a 4door car with that turbo for performance. Cost is not really a deciding factor, but the stock g35 can get a Twin turbo mod...... and the M3 just looks mean.. but all in all, I have narrowed it to the g35 coupe and the is300.....

definately go for the IS you get both sport and comfort. If you thought the g35 had great power drive the turbo'd IS.
The greyish color IS is the limited edition sport design thunder cloud mettalic. They only make those in 2003, plus your getting it from the dealer so it comes w/ a warranty. If you could get a extended warranty i say go for it because you have high chances of something malfunctioning because of the turbo. good luck

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
meisterpoet said:

37 grand for a Stage 1 turbo IS? Take the deal.

So did you drive a regular non-turbo IS? If you did, don't judge the performance by it. A turbo IS is a totally different car. And if the power of the G35 "awed" you...wait until you drive the turbo IS. :D

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Norcal IS300 said:
meisterpoet said:

37 grand for a Stage 1 turbo IS? Take the deal.

So did you drive a regular non-turbo IS? If you did, don't judge the performance by it. A turbo IS is a totally different car. And if the power of the G35 "awed" you...wait until you drive the turbo IS. :D

i dont own an IS300 but i would have to agree with these guys that a turboed IS will make you cream your pants faster that a g35 coupe.

·
Registered
422 Posts
they had one of these turbo IS on ebay about a month ago, a GGP 2003. i can remember where the dealership was, but it was new with all warranties. i think they had start the bid a 40,000.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
2pac said:
they had one of these turbo IS on ebay about a month ago, a GGP 2003. i can remember where the dealership was, but it was new with all warranties. i think they had start the bid a 40,000.
i dont remember seeing a TURBO on that ebay one. if we are looking at the same page.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts