Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2001 lexus is 300 about 6 mons ago from someone that had a turbo put on by SRT and i have a problem. I dont think its major but i would like to get some input from others. The car recently just started leaking a purplish color oil which i came to find out that it was transmission fluid. its is leaking from one of the transcooler hoses mounted by the intercooloer. The transmission has a valve bodey upgrade and was done when the turbo was put in. The answers that i am looking for is what kind and grade of trans fluid does SRT use. like i said before it is purplish in color, and the reason i am asking is i just doent want to start mixing oils in the trans. the 2nd questions i have is how do you add oil to the trans, is there a filler cap somewhere?lastly, this questions sounds very ignornat the question is dow do u check trans fluid level cause it has a hot and cool marks on the dip stick. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks..... nick

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
If SRT is using a non standard trans fluid, then you might get a quicker response by posting in their forum. I would think if all the trans has is a valve body upgrade that they'd still be using the normal trans fluid.

You fill it from the dip stick hole, and I believe the hot and cold lines on the dipstick are the levels the trans fluid should be at when the trans is hot/cold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts