Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi well I was just wondering if this is normal or do I need to go see a dealer. Well when I start my car and press on the gas pedal, there is a high-pitched noise, im guessing coming from the engine. The noise sounds like a jet starting its propellers up. As the rpms rise the noise gets louder. Is this normal? Also when I start my a/c you can hear a low-pitched noise coming from behind the center console. Does everyone have this noise too when they turn on their a/c or do you just hear the air being blown in? Thanks

-Charles

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Its yur turbo Chuck... :p

Dont know, maybe some belts if its not coming from the speakers. Take it to the dealer. When you find out post it.

Brandon

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hay, My Car Sounds Like That too. Like a Jet Engine.

But Then I'm SuperCharged.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL to all the responses. Well do your IS300's have a high-pitched sound when you press the accelerator and get louder when the rpms go up?

-Charles

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Do you have an after Market Stereo? Could be a grounding issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well went to the dealer and they said it might be because my AC filter is totally clogged up so changing this might eliminate the sound. So I just ordered the AC filter and we'll see if the sound goes away when I switch it out.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
I hate when dealers say "might be", b/c Might Be still cost money and Might Not fix it. However, the AC filter? As in ventilation filter? Where is the filter located....this is interesting and frankly I think youre about to get Ganked...

Brandon

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The A/C filter they are talking about is the filter right behind the glove box. They said it was plugged and this is where they hear the noise coming from, so if this does not fix it I will go back to the Lexus dealership again and complain. The dealership wanted me to get the filter from them for $65! but I said no because I will do it myself, which I already ordered the part from partsdiscountwarehouse.com for only $25. They also special ordered a Housing Sub-Assy which would cost $107.72, but since I am still under warranty, it is of course free! The dealership also ordered a new L/F tweeter cover because mine was rusting, a new CD changer because it had an error, cleaned dash cluster and face plate because of some spots, and new A/C control panel because of some white scratches which has been covered here. The dealership said they will call me when the parts arrive to set up another appointment for them to install everything and all for free because of the warranty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I just got back from the dealership today, and everything was fixed that I mentioned above, but the heated seats on both the driver and passenger side does not work and I told them about that and also the driver side seat creeks. Well they lubed the driver side so it does not creek anymore, but my heated seats still does not work! My receipt does not even say anything about the heated seats being worked on or fixed. All it says is that the driver seat was lubed. Well I guess I'm calling Lexus again tomorrow and try to take care of this heated seats problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts