Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought JDM Style Type R Front Lip and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount it. When I put it under the bmper te ends are no where near the inner fender wells to mount. If anyone has experience with this or something like it let me know ASAP. Hot Import Daze in 20 days and counting. THANKS

·
Registered
683 Posts
ninja4911 said:
I bought JDM Style Type R Front Lip and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount it. When I put it under the bmper te ends are no where near the inner fender wells to mount. If anyone has experience with this or something like it let me know ASAP. Hot Import Daze in 20 days and counting. THANKS
if its a jdm lip, it needs to be extended to fit U.S. is300's. the altezza bumpers are shorter. youll need to take it to a shop and have them extend it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lip itself it to long. It sticks off the edges about 1 inch on each side. I think if I take a heat gun and warm the plastic then I will be able to form it without a problem. Plus I didn't say I couldn't do it I just though that if other people ran into the same problem then they would know how to work atound the problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i may b mistaken...but the "jdm style type-r" lip ur referring to, could also be what we call the type-s that fits on our USDM, from doing some searching on the net the lip we kno as the type-s is a.k.a type R in some other places (my lip for example i KNOW is the type-s sold at absdynamics.com , but is actually labeled type-r;made in taiwan). if this happens to be the case then there are a few threads on how to apply the type-s lip by heating the corners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts