Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my problem. I have a toyomoto header with no O2 simulator, aem intake, hks exhaust, and safc. heres the problem! around 4000 rpm my car dies out, back fires and pops, it losses all its power! i brought it to my local shop where we hooked it up to a scan tool and it said i am running too lean in banks 1 and 2. so my question is, who knows what banks 1 and 2 are, and how the fuck can i fix my stupid car. iv had all these mods for over 10,000 miles and this problem just started a few weeks ago. all mods professionally installed also. fyi i disconnected the safc to see if thats was the problem, it was not! help help help

ADAM

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
bank 1 is the first set of 3 cylinders, back two is the last set

reset the ecu, see if that helps temporarily, if so, you need to put the o2 sensors back into their factory locations, as the sim's may not work, or you can try the simulators, up to you

-gte

PoorBoyIS300 said:
Heres my problem. I have a toyomoto header with no O2 simulator, aem intake, hks exhaust, and safc. heres the problem! around 4000 rpm my car dies out, back fires and pops, it losses all its power! i brought it to my local shop where we hooked it up to a scan tool and it said i am running too lean in banks 1 and 2. so my question is, who knows what banks 1 and 2 are, and how the f*ck can i fix my stupid car. iv had all these mods for over 10,000 miles and this problem just started a few weeks ago. all mods professionally installed also. fyi i disconnected the safc to see if thats was the problem, it was not! help help help

ADAM

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
hey adam wassup. the only thing i would suggest is maybe bringin it back to the place u installed it. and def get the o2 simulator

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to call toyomoto tomorrow and see what they might think it is. I might even bring it to lexus to hook up on there computer. Blah

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i proposed 3 different things to you

1) reset the ecu
2) have the factory o2 sensors put back in the factory location on the new header
3) try the o2 simulators

so try one of the last two

-gte

PoorBoyIS300 said:
i tryed that already, it made absolutly no difference. any other suggestions??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for all your help! but do you guys think bringing it to lexus for the 30,000 mile check up might help me out. Iv never had lexus do anything to it, i do all my own work.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ok, then you know the problem is ecu related and electrical, and that you need those o2 sensors or simulators. get one or the other and the car will be fine, as for the 30000 mile checkup, lexus is not going to be able to fix your problem

-gte

PoorBoyIS300 said:
PS i reset the ecu again, and now it runs 10 times worse than before!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
831 Posts
lmao lexus will cry "WARRANTY VOID! WARRANTY VOID!" at you and charge you $5000 to scan the damn car lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well well well you will all be happy to hear that my problem is gone!!! All i did was retune my safc and the problem is allllll gone!! I am still going to order the 02 simulators though. THANX for all your help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts