Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Recently got a 2001 is300 and was wondering why the traction control button wasn't working, so I pulled the panel thing apart and to my suprise there were no wires at all going to the traction control button. No harness nothing.
Saw a few things about ways to delete traction control and vsc threw the driver side fuse box panel.on the Wire #4 on the 1A plug
Was wondering if any one could help me as to what i must do to get a working traction control button for the car. One I can turn on and off while driving.
Sincerely,
Justin

·
3,227 Posts
I would look for the wires and just put it back. They are probably just cut at the main bundle area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the whole dash apart and couldn't find any wires anywhere that looked cut or anything do you know where the traction control module is located by any chance ?

·
3,227 Posts
Integrated in the ABS system. If memory serves. They would half to cut them. Look on the looms for wear some wires would have come out at one time.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
726 Posts
I think the abs/Trac module is near the steering column.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna have a look for the wires this week ran into alignment issues, bigger fish to fry
Will keep you all posted thank your for the help/advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts