Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm sure lots of you have seen before, my in dash changer is done. I know the obstacles with upgrading the head unit given the factory amp, rear speakers, ect. Should I just get another factory unit off Ebay, or upgrade to an in dash dvd/screen. Is this advisable with the amp and speakers we have??? I love the way the factory set up sounds and don't want to disturb it, but I do not want to have this problem repeated. By the way, I am a newbie that loves his IS, but hates this problem. BTW, I am out or the 50K warranty and apparently the warranty I got does not cover the audio. Thanks for any help or opinions that can be provided.
I have the $$ for the upgrade option, but in reading I found that if I changed head units, I would also have to change the factory amp and possibly the rear speakers.
-Kennedy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice and options... I think that I will pick up a OEM unit from somewhere. Seems like a lot of work to fix a problem on a car i may not have for more than year or so. Could use the extra $$ for a pair of subs and an amp... :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is such a help!!!! I will work on that tonight. It is the jamming of the CD's thats killing me. I have lost all 6 in no man's land. I can't believe that a great company like Lexus has such quaility cars and "Relentless persuit of Perfection", and such a poor piece of daily used equipment. I went to my dealer to get it fixed under extended warranty and they told me that the audio system wasn't covered because it was almost always due to user abuse i.e. blowing speekers, CD-R's and such. Something I would expect from FORD, not Lexus. Dissapointed. Thanks for the help though... I would give you all my dots if I had any or knew what the hell they were. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.