Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I've been a fan of this site since the introduction of the IS, but never posted anything because I didnt have the car. I was also a big fan of the "Parking Lot" Until that went away (Where did it go anyway?)

The reason I came to this board was because I always found it to provide a wealth of information. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

I went to the dealer yesterday to look into purchasing a 2003 IBP. But before we get into that, I had an area of concern I need to address.

In Feb. 2000, I was caught speeding in excess of 100 MPH(Violation 2234.B) in CA (Kern County) on Highway 5. I was given 2 points for that infraction. I was looking at the DMV's website and it said that the violation would stay with me for 7 years! I was told when I was ticketed that it would stay on for 3. Does anyone have a better answer to this? If so, will this affect my insurance for the entire 7 years,maybe less? Also, I've had a clean driving reacord since then (almost 3 years), is there anything I could do to get my record cleaned?

About the dealer, this is what I was quoted. Suggestions? Comments?
2003 IBP w/ Nav. LSD. Full Black Leather. Graphite Polished Wheels
I am a Tier III Credit Score of 670 (not long enough credit history, 21 yo)

Quoted MSRP: $34,976
Asking Vehicle Total: $32,545 <~

DownPayment: $4000
Monthly Payment (Including Tax):514.85

Terms:
Lease 39 Months w/ 15k Mile.

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks for all your help, its greatly appreciated.

-Ryan Chen

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I can address your speeding problem, but I do know what you think "happened" to the PL. Due to the extreme content of teh PL lately, the admins have made it so only registered members can access it. You should be able to access it now.

BTW, that is a pretty good quote. My dealer settled with me on an 03 with NAV, heated seats, LSD, etc for $34500. It came out to be $37k at the end.

Also, to save you an extra $200 or so, tell them that you do not need the window etching thing. I believe that you can buy a kit to do the etching.

Other scams can be found at www.carbuyingtips.com

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply T Man,
You said that you can 'address the speeding problem'. Have you had a similar experience that you can help me out with? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Frankly, I'd push for a lower price on the IS. Is that a 5 MT?

If you keep talking about what you could get a G35 for, you should be able to knock them down more...

·
Registered
108 Posts
technically if u're ticketed in excess of 100mph....
ur liscense would get suspended for like 3 months or so.
yes it will stay on ur record for at least 3 years. but what u can do is
when u go to court, tell the judge that u need a liscense to go to school or work or something n they'll prolly give u a temporary liscense. what u can also try to do is plea with the judge n see if u can not have the points show up on ur record at all. try to get off with some community service or something.

my biggest word of advice is get a lawyer. especially if ur in cali

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
i think the length of time it stays with dmv is shorter...insurance companies usually might keep it for longer...so i was told by my drving school instructer.....

OH NO...another IBP in westwood....Nice color choice :p

·
Registered
513 Posts
Can't comment on the ticket, but if you want to drop the price, do you really need nav? Also, the ecsaine is easier to come by (at least they were in 02) so they may be willing to give you a better price on one of those vs. full leather (that is if you even like the ecsaine). Actually, when I started my IS quest, I was committed to full leather, but after sitting in both, I really like the ecsaine. I was worried about it getting dirty and all that but first off, it's black, 2nd, I just put some scotchguard on. I haven't had any problems with it and it really hugs you in the turns. Anyway, in terms of price, it's important to get what you want rather than settling on something just because of price. However, if price is a primary driver and you are on the fence on these two options it may be something to consider. Good luck with it all and oh..... GO DUCKS!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
UCLA-IS300 said:
i think the length of time it stays with dmv is shorter...insurance companies usually might keep it for longer...so i was told by my drving school instructer.....

OH NO...another IBP in westwood....Nice color choice :p
I thought it was shorter too :-?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Recca,
Yes my License gotsuspended by the Judge for 30 days. I have talked to some people but I've found out that the infraction will stay on for 7 years, as in it is there, but will not count against me for the entire length. It should only affect my insurance for either 3 or 5 years. Anyway, thanks for all the input. I think ive decided to forgo the IBP for now.

-Ryan

·
Registered
487 Posts

if its for a lease thats toooooo much 399 a month is good maybe 2000 down try for that...... im 21 and i got better then that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
neiiy69
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing