Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so I'm in the process of choosing my is350 and i was wondering if the suspension in the sport package does anything to the speed/performance besides tighter turning if not than i think i prefer the luxury package with the trim any comments or insite would be great also i am looking into moding it once i get it
thoughts about cold air intake, exhaust maybe a chip, any comment would be usefull
also what are good performance websites for the new is?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok well i decided and got my IS i took the luxury package over the sport package but i want to put performance parts any websites or product suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
The sport suspension lowers the car about half an inch. And the shocks are slightly stiffer.
Aside from the looks, it do not think it helps much.

If you notice, the IS-F has 90% stiffer shocks in the rear, and 40% in the front. That tells you that the OEM shocks for the IS350 are set more for luxury than sportiness.

Aftermarket is the way to go, or the new Sportline from Lexus.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
There's very little in the way of useful performance parts for the IS350. Intakes don't actually gain you anything- if you're going to bother at all just spend the $119 on a Joe Z pipe and you might pick up 3-5 hp, anything else will cost 2-4 times as much without adding anything to the car but noise.

For exhaust you can pick up 5-7 hp with an axle-back like the Tanabe (around $550) or you can drop $1200-1500 for a full exhaust that won't pass inspection (deletes the secondary cats) but adds 10-15 hp.

There are -zero- real ECU/chip solutions for the car, and none on the horizon either. Lexus has the computer pretty locked down.

Mazzuri makes a set of headers now, that are likely the best bang/buck of anything... around 750-800 bucks plus install and on a 250 it dynoed 24 hp/31 torque... gains on a 350 likely higher but no 350 dyno results yet. But it's even more illegal as it deletes the primary cats.

If you don't care about legal you could do the mazzuri headers, full exhaust, and a Joe Z pipe and probably pick up 35-40 hp (maybe a bit more if the headers do a lot better on a 350 which they might)

On the suspension question (too late I know since you already bought the car)- the sports package costs less than the lux+18s package and has all the same nice features except the power rear shade while adding a .5 inch drop in the front and slightly stiffer suspension (as well as avoiding the wood trim I don't find attractive)

Oh, and the IS-F having stiffer shocks isn't surprising... it's heavier and slightly larger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts