Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody i just got my hotchkis springs put on and my ABS light is on and my Trac Light is flashing, does anybody know what the deal is??? I got them installed at a pretty reputable place. They don't know why it's doing that, Oh and the hotchkis springs dropped my car almost 1.5" all the way around, I have like a 1 finger gap all the way around, the springs seem really good, almost like stock ride, THANKS.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i had the same problem when i broke my speed sensor
speed sensors are located at the control arm on all four corners of the car

best thing to do is to get someone to do diagnostics....lexus will rape you on that

it has to do with the speed sensor...most likely.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
2jz -
Apparently this also happens if you stretch the ABS line inside the silicon housing...I've read about it on here several times.
(If you do a search, you'll find several topics with it.)
Good luck...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i tried re-soldering the wire back together and there was no difference....

same two damn lights

if it is one of the speed sensors....you gotta shop around
the dealer i bought my car from wanted 300+
i ended up going with another dealer for 150ish

to replace the sensor is easy (3bolts, pull back plastic fenderwall, unplug old one, replug new one, rebolt)

dealer wanted to charge 3 hours for it....bastards :pissed:

anyways...good luck

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
this is why i suggest to anyonto learn to do things on your own, in general these shops don't care, almost especially the lexus dealers, your just a pay check to them, and they have your keys. the shop that screwed it up if it is somethign broken shoudl pay for it if you can get it out of them.

best of luck man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts