Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our car is better than the G35x (all wheel drive version). A friend just got one and he's going to be telling me all the reasons why it is better than the IS.

We're talking "bone" stock here for both cars although mine is the Sport Design, but that doesn't help much.

Give me some ammo!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Aja1 said:
Our car is better than the G35x (all wheel drive version). A friend just got one and he's going to be telling me all the reasons why it is better than the IS.

We're talking "bone" stock here for both cars although mine is the Sport Design, but that doesn't help much.

Give me some ammo!
the awd drive is either 25% front and 75% rear or 45% front and 55% rear

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
hey i never knew that the G35 only offers awd is the sedan NOT THE COUPE. is that correct?

anyways about the topic, you have a lexus and he has an infiniti. thats that. Long run your car will oultlast his. Lexus is known to have a better build in their cars.

besides if you get boost like me, all those G35 will just shut the fock ups :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,536 Posts
goldark said:
The awd drive is either 25% front and 75% rear or 45% front and 55% rear
Wrong. The system used in the G35 sedan can go from 0% front/100% rear to 50% front/50% rear.

The Infiniti's disadvantages, as I see them, is the fact that it's a bigger, heavier car. Also, the G35 AWD is automatic-only, and, typical for Nissan/Infiniti, the quality of interior materials is not as nice as that of Lexus/Toyota.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Aja1 said:

Give me some ammo!
If your eyes and good taste don't give you all the ammo you need then I can't help you.

·
8,827 Posts
1) AWD on Auto and Sedan only
2) Infiniti's design leaves to wish for better (IMO).
3) V6 vs I6

Just tell your friend "Nice Car" and comment on him making a "good choice".

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Talk is cheap though.....should go challenge him to the tracks like Button Willow and may the best driver/car win.

That usually solves all the sh!t talking...

but in my opinion the G35 is over-rated. If it was not called Skyline in Japan then everyone would just say "It's a Nissan Altima!!!".

·
Registered
935 Posts
Aja1 said:

Give me some ammo!
Don't play the game. Ignore him. Just smile and say you like your IS just fine. It'll drive him nuts!

·
Premium Member
16,536 Posts
kaoticISdriver said:
However if you wana ever think about Auto crossing you might want to consider an is300. Is300 is the BEST in its class.
Word. I've been AutoXing for a bit over a year now, and I have yet to see a G35, sedan or coupe, whereas at least 2 ISs, and sometimes 4 or 5, will inevitably show up.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
the regular G35 is lighter than the IS, even though it is bigger - dunno about the AWD G, but it's probably no heavier than the IS.
Other than the styling inside and out, the G35 is a sweet car. Less sporty than the IS though - numbers don't mean everything - look at the Miata - its numbers aren't very good, but it's way more fun to drive than a G35.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
frend had g35 after 300 miles going 80mph and the airbag just went off because of the little bumps on the street. GG RELIABILITY. you own him there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.