Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like many other IS300 lover, I don't have the patient to wait for the '02 model, therefore I went out and test drive one this evening (for the 2nd time), and felt so connected (in love :)) !!!) with the car more this time.

After the test drive, the saleman gave me an offer at $32K,on the '01 IS300 --->Loaded (including the '02 armrest, will install for free when part arrive) but NO Torsen LSD. He also gave me the written offer, and willing to match up with other locals dealer quotes, just in case I can find one at a lower price.

I need your input on this one guy !!! Please let me know if this is a good deal.

Other options that I'm thinking about buying is : 16" wheel with snow tires for winter time (will run 17" Graphite for summer), Starter and of course the spoiler.
I'm looking forward to hear your inputs, advise and comments are also welcome. Thanks all

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am picking up my IS today at metro lexus in cleveland. 34k out the door for a spectra blue mica/ivory interior, LSD, leather, moonroof, graphite wheels, and heated seats. Was that 32k without tax?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by krompir:
I am picking up my IS today at metro lexus in cleveland. 34k out the door for a spectra blue mica/ivory interior, LSD, leather, moonroof, graphite wheels, and heated seats. Was that 32k without tax?
Yes $32K b4 tax, it sound like you have a better deal than I do, atleast your came with LSD and mine is not(other than that everything is the same, well except the armrest). Hmmmm
Do you mind if I ask, who did you talk to at Metro Lexus? Is it Kevin or Mike? Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dealt with James at Metro. He's a good guy and was straight up, he didn't try BS'ing like the salesmen at classic lexus.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dealt with James at Metro. He's a good guy and was straight up, he didn't try BS'ing like the salesmen at classic lexus.
Glad to hear that, I just called classic lexus and they gave me the quote over the phone for $34K fully loaded including the spoiler (but no armrest and LSD). I aslo like the guy from Metro Lexus too (Kevin), I think they are very proffesional and hassle free.
BTW - How do you like your car so far? What about the ECU/Trac upgrade? Is your VIN # fall into that upgrade list? Let me know.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Originally posted by TNguyenIS300:
Just like many other IS300 lover, I don't have the patient to wait for the '02 model, therefore I went out and test drive one this evening (for the 2nd time), and felt so connected (in love :)) !!!) with the car more this time.

After the test drive, the saleman gave me an offer at $32K,on the '01 IS300 --->Loaded (including the '02 armrest, will install for free when part arrive) but NO Torsen LSD. He also gave me the written offer, and willing to match up with other locals dealer quotes, just in case I can find one at a lower price.

I need your input on this one guy !!! Please let me know if this is a good deal.

Other options that I'm thinking about buying is : 16" wheel with snow tires for winter time (will run 17" Graphite for summer), Starter and of course the spoiler.
I'm looking forward to hear your inputs, advise and comments are also welcome. Thanks all
Wow, I've NEVER heard of anyone offering to install an '02 armrest. That's a benefit, however I still think you could find a dealer to let one go for closer to 30-grand, loaded. Again, if you do a search, some are even getting fully loaded IS's for the high 29's.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Michael:
Wow, I've NEVER heard of anyone offering to install an '02 armrest. That's a benefit, however I still think you could find a dealer to let one go for closer to 30-grand, loaded.
Again, if you do a search, some are even getting fully loaded IS's for the high 29's.
Are you serious that someone could pull a $30K on a Loaded '01 IS300. Man that's amazing or did I got ripoff??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Krompir, welcome and congrats!! SBM with graphite is one heck of an attractive combo
I got my IS from Metro as well, and am pretty pleased with their service.

TNguyenIS300...while I wouldn't say it is a spectacular price, as I have seen them priced lower down south and areas out west, that is a pretty decent price for our market.
I'd say go for it...you won't regret it.

Deleted link..no need for repetition!

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: LXS4Ross ]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LXS4Ross:

Do you mind if I ask you how much did you pay for your IS300 (out of the door) and which color did you get?

I just happen to see a black IS300 with yellow painted caliper on Rocker road, Westlake city. I'm also wondering how many IS owner in Cleveland??

Thanks

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: TNguyenIS300 ]

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
TNguyenIS300...I ended up leasing my Millenium Silver back in November. I didn't necessarily want to lease, but I don't make that much money pumping human waste out of septic tanks..j/k

I work in Westlake, you out in that area yourself?? If you are asking how many IS owners on this board are from our area, I would have to say not many. Have only noticed a few.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by LXS4Ross:
TNguyenIS300...I ended up leasing my Millenium Silver back in November. I didn't necessarily want to lease, but I don't make that much money pumping human waste out of septic tanks..j/k

I work in Westlake, you out in that area yourself?? If you are asking how many IS owners on this board are from our area, I would have to say not many. Have only noticed a few.
I used to work in Westlake and live in Cleveland, but now I work in Independence. I thought there are more IS owner from Cleveland on this board. Anyway, It is really nice to talk with you and hopefully I will get my car soon enought for the 1st meeting in Cleveland.
BTW - Are you really thinking about moving to Florida?? Don't like Cleveland ??

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yeah...a meet would be fun, you still got 10 days to take delivery on an IS if you want to join in!
j/k

No...not thinking about it, gonna do it. Will close on a condo soon. I do like Cleveland very much so, especially in the summer, but I like the sun and water too much. Still will have to commute up here occasionally for work though!

·
8,880 Posts
TNguyenIS300,
I got my IS from Metro Lexus.
I worked with Bob Randal.
Very professional. Treated me with respect (I'm in early 20's, so some people don't take me seriosly.)
Got myself a relatively good deal at a time (3 days after IS came out.)
I was there a couple days ago and he remembered me.

I had to special order my IS because I wanted GGP w/ LSD w/ Black interior. Metro had no allocations for LSD w/ options I selected, so they had special order one. Took extra 1.5 months, but was well worth it.
It is a good idea to get the snow tires, if you can make them part of the deal, for you will need them.
For the future, don't attempt to drive on stock tires in our snow. I ended up w/ a scratched rim while navigating through a gas station (took me 20 min). Could've been far worse.
When you get your IS, the first thing you MUST do is get xpel thing installed, or you'll be like the rest of us - w/ hood full of chips.

Whatever you do, don't have Metro install remote start. The contractor they hired did extremely (I'm being polite) poor job. I had to uninstall the thing he put in and do the job myself.

Hope to see you on our meet.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Are you serious that someone could pull a $30K on a Loaded '01 IS300. Man that's amazing or did I got ripoff??
I guess it depends when and where you bought, I know of two midwest IS owners that recently bought for $29,900 and $30,200 Both Totally loaded with LSD. Deals are definitely there for the taking, as Lex makes rooms for the '02's at least in some regions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Picked up the IS today. Unfortunately the graphite rims weren't in stock yet, so I'll have to wait a few weeks to get them put on... and it looks like my vin is within the range of cars affected by the ecu/trac problem. So it looks like I'll have to schedule an appointment to get that taken care of. Other than that, the car has been a friggin blast(put over 100 miles on it today)... especially since my old car was a '94 cavalier

BTW, does anyone know of a good local place to get stongard, xpel or similar product installed?

Cheers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guy,

Thanks all for your reponds, I finally bought the car (but not pick up yet) for the deal of $34K out of the door !!!!.
I know I know ....you guy probably gonna say I overpaid for my car, BUT I can't helped to noticed that it just so gorgeous when I walk to the show room at Classic Lexus in Mentor. DWP exterior with Black leather heated seats interior, sunroof, '02 armrest(install later), 17" graphite wheel, and ofcourse the after market spoiler(still no LSD, since it so rare to locate one and I want the car now!!!).

LXS4Ross: How could you affort to live in Florida and work in Cleveland (not to metion driving an IS300??) I wish I have your job.j/k

vlad_a: I'm not really familiar with all the Lexus part yet, so could you tell me what is the xpel? Is it a Bra cover the front bumper?
(sorry, I'm still learning about IS300, as well as all the part name)

Michael: Thanks for your comment, but I guest it is tough for us here in Cleveland to get a loaded IS300 around $30K. I probably over paid for my car, but I'm pretty sure that I'm happy when I'm buying it and its worth it too.

Thanks all and keep posting

One more other thing I forgot to mention is , I think my car have the Dunlop Sport SP9000 (Is it good??). I haven't pickup the car yet because I'm waiting for the 17" Graphite wheel coming in, and a spoiler to put on. I also forgot to check the VIN # from my car, but if anyone have a quick list of which VIN need to have the ECU/Trac reflash that would be great. Thanks again.

[ June 14, 2001: Message edited by: TNguyenIS300 ]

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

LXS4Ross: How could you affort to live in Florida and work in Cleveland (not to metion driving an IS300??) I wish I have your job.j/k
To put it simply...I can't!!
We'll see how it works out.

BTW...congrats on the purchase. I don't think you overpaid, that is a competitive price for our market. You got the graphite and spoiler, and if that is the car you really wanted, that is all that matters!

I agree with vlad_a, get the xpel hood kit if you can. The hood of my MSM is a mess. Unfortunately, I don't know who installs it in this area. Take a look at the link below for further info on it.
http://www.xpel.com/paint/applications.html

1 - 20 of 31 Posts