Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone told me that on the TSX's althought their navigation system doesn't play regular dvd's someone found a way to some how hack into the DVD-based navi to allow it to play dvds. Could this be possible on the IS's without the ML but with NAV?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to get an answer for this as well. I recently bought an is350 last weekend and later found out that the car didn't have the dvd option : (
It came with the luxury package w/18 and just the nav. Would it be possible to bring the car in to get the dvd option installed?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
this should be in mobiletronics?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would like to hear an answer on this. Of course, you could just add a DVD player to the system and play it through the screen, I assume.

Now when I test drove the 350 the other week (without ML on the East coast), the saleperson was not aware of the fact that the ML with Nav will play DVD video.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
shesGLADimRICH said:
I'd like to get an answer for this as well. I recently bought an is350 last weekend and later found out that the car didn't have the dvd option : (
It came with the luxury package w/18 and just the nav. Would it be possible to bring the car in to get the dvd option installed?
Ya but man are they gonna charge you for it. I bought my IS300 w/out nav and decided to have the dealer install it afterward. They wanted something like $4500 bucks. I walked right back out :pissed:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts