Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you all know it, i took my car in to get some work done. i talked to the service manager, and he told me the new version of the undercarriage is available! they show it on the computer parts catalog, but the warehouse has none avail as of this moment. i schedule to come next week because he said they will have some in for sure. call your lexus and get it swapped out guys!! good luck.

------------------
'01 IS300
'91 NSX
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
IT's true, its a nice mod!

David

·
8,880 Posts
:-? :-? :-?
Long delayed reply from the past?

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
PLP makes a nice one....

anyone have that one?

·
8,880 Posts
^^^^
But it is not the undercarriage shield part that was defective on the 2001 Model IS in question.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
vlad_a said:
^^^^
But it is not the undercarriage shield part that was defective on the 2001 Model IS in question.
huh? it wasnt? what was defective then? according to lexus it was, and was replaced under warranty...

·
8,880 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
vlad_a said:
^^^^
huh? it wasnt? what was defective then? according to lexus it was, and was replaced under warranty...
It was closer to the back, in the mid section. It is a small undrercarriage shield. Only a limited number of 2001 ISs was affected.

Found some old pictures:

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
ahh ok, thanks for the clarrification....

the one in the front ripped off on my dad's ES 300 recently, and they charged him to replace the panel!

fucking bob chissuili here in NJ!

i told my dad not to get his car there.....as per the advice from many fellow NJ .netters!

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
I don't think it was that thing in the center. I read about the under body panel recall too, and went in to have the front underbody panel replaced (the same panel that the PLP shield would take the place of). Lexus told me that one isn't a recall, but the right side underbody panel, which extends from the front of the front passenger door to the rear wheel well was a recall, so they replaced that.

I still have a shredded front center underbody splash guard. =

You can see it hanging down front and center here.

·
my.is Headlight Guru
4,786 Posts
I installed a PLP underbody panel a while back... I forgot it was there until I read this thread :crazy:

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
1,995 Posts
Hey Edgy...

How did you get that to work with your Area 51 lip? I assumed that it would only bolt up to the factory mounts under the front bumper and be somewhat invisible for those with a lip. :-?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
good Q........

Since the stock bumper is still there under the Area 51 Lip & the lip juts out in front of the bumper nicely, it works perfectly al lteh stock undertray mount points that the PLP panel was designed to work with are stil lthere so no problemo... now if you went with a complete aftermarket front bumper.... that might pose problems if it does not have those mounts like the stock bumper has i nthe same spot as i 'm suire it most likely would not...

PS...I actually made one slight mod to this pic..... i found that when the radiator spits out a bit of fluid.. .that pink coolant stuff poured right out the tube & onto the tray & left a nasty pinkishwhite residue after it dried looked crappy & i saw the same crap on the plastic one too.........

So i pulled the tray after i took this pic (this was taken when i 1st installed it), & added a length of hose to the radiator over flow tube, then I drilled a hole in the center of the PLP Panel RIGHT below the radiator tube, & fed the tube thru the hole while reinstalling the panel so the excess fluid now pops out right onto the ground & does not Pool there on the shield &dry up leaving the flaky crusty pink white residue that looks so shitty....

i'll take another pic & post it :D

edgy

edgy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
edgy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing