Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so whats the proper name for that plastic thing that redirect cold air from the grill to the intake filter?? my car came with a ghetto after market intake so i dont have one but imma be getting the srt intake soon, so will i need it to direct cold air into the filter because it has that heat shield. thanks

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Are you sure you're going to need that intake piece? I think the heat shield for the SRT Intake actually blocks that off!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not sure chester, on the yellow IS that srt has the intake on it has the air cleaner duct (thanks wontwo) feeding into the heatshield. i dont know though you have more experience then i, i guess ill just wait till my intake gets here then if i need one ill pick one up. thanks guys for your help

Lexus IS300 High Flow Intake System with RACE ECU

bottom pic

Reactions: chrisridebike8

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Yeah it does connect... but on a lot that I've seen there is another piece of metal that covers the hole on the other side of the heat shield. I would wait until you get the set intake first to see I'd you news that plastic piece.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
make sure you keep that baffle attached to the heat shield over the scoop you are talking about. if you pop off the rivets and think that more air is getting rammed into your air filter, you are going to trip out your MAF sensor on the highway. your car will feel fine, but any slight lift in throttle and the car will shut the throttle completely because it senses too much air flow coming in and it will be all jerky and feel like it died until you get back on the throttle. good luck on the srt intake. i love mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts