Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me just say that I am a firm believer that Bodykits should be made out of urethane because as much bumps and abuse they go thru the urethane will definitely hold up much better then fiberglass or ABS plastic. I've seen body kits cracked from parking too close to the curb and a minor bump.

my question is that what do you guys think of eyebrows or lip spoilers for the trunk??? I mean, they hardly ever see any abuse so why not go with plastic if the fitment is the same... wouldn't that be much cheaper??? Just curious as to what you guys think? I've been seeing these plastic eyebrows and I'm gonna pick me up a set. I'm just not in a hurry because i know its gonna be a while before i get everything together to paint.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I agree. Fiberglass for a body kit is the stupidest thing I have seen. That's why I went w/ a urethene kit (stillen). But my roof spoiler, and eyelids are fiberglass and they are great! My lip spoiler is urethene, but that doesn't bug me a bit. I could have gone either way on that.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats great guys but what do you think of the ABS plastic eyebrows and E46 style Trunk lip spoilers??? If you haven't noticed... someone is selling plastic eyelids on ebay for cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.