Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have cracks all in my grille b/c of the poor plastic quality. I also have problems with rock scratching on the paint.. Is it just too thin...??

·
Registered
101 Posts
LexusRex - As far as I know, the reason the IS paint chips so easily is because Lexus is adhering to new environmental standards, which requires auto manufacturers to use special kinds of paint formula, that's suppose to be more environmental friendly. Which is why Lexus paints are softer compared to the typical standard paint use on cars several years ago. Several other car manufacturers are adhering to this standard set by the EPA.

About the plastic grill... no idea... did a rock hit it? Did you try to mess with it? Since its cracked, it'll be a good excuse to change the grill to some aftermarket brands, such as Altezza grill or RMM grill... etc.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by Philharmonic:
LexusRex - As far as I know, the reason the IS paint chips so easily is because Lexus is adhering to new environmental standards, which requires auto manufacturers to use special kinds of paint formula, that's suppose to be more environmental friendly. Which is why Lexus paints are softer compared to the typical standard paint use on cars several years ago. Several other car manufacturers are adhering to this standard set by the EPA.

You guys can thank the environmentalist Democrats (Gore) for trying as hard as they can to ruin the car as we know it! You know what's next if they continue their destruction? An electric engine for your IS.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
I will trade a few paint chips for better air quality any day...

WORD UP.

------------------
~soybomb~

·
Registered
344 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
I will trade a few paint chips for better air quality any day...

UMM.....alright. I guess I'll trade my paint chips for better air quality, too. I've got 13 to trade in. When do I get my better air?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts