Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a one year old Lexus and is presently experiencing some plastic cracking noise near the compartment box. Anyone can help to remedy this problem. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You have 2 options:

1) Take back to dealer and have it fix under warranty (priority choice);

2) Pinpoint the source of the noise and fix it yourself. (only if you know what you're doing, because taking plastic panels apart and putting them back together may result in MORE plastic cracking noises.....If the dealer does it, it's their responsibility to ensure that none of that will resurface.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
15 Posts
My five speed made similar noises. I coated the shift boot with Lexol leather treatment and the noise went away. Good luck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went back to agent and left the car a day and still cannot rectify it and they require me to put the car there for 3-4days. Disappointed

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by dboey:
Went back to agent and left the car a day and still cannot rectify it and they require me to put the car there for 3-4days. Disappointed

They've probably spent about 10 minutes on it so far......

Patience......

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Actually that "cracking" may actually be coming from the seat belt anchor assembly. Mine makes a "squeaking" noise there. When I adjust the seat belt latch, it goes away. I may need some lube/grease.

I also went to the dealer twice for this problem and each time they could not locate or replicate my complaint.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys for your sharings, I found out mine is the rubbing of plastics to produce squeezing sound near the front passenger compartment box area. Anyone encounter such problem and let to share the answer to solve it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar problem, my car make these bubble sounds, It drives me crazy. I've been thinking it's what grey is said "air bubbles in the cooling system" will investigate and post results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
haveboost
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing