Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

A friend and I recently "painted" the rear emblems on my 09 IS250 with a product I've heard positive things about, Plasti-Dip. I couldn't be happier with how it came out! It's basically sprayable rubber and works just like a can of spray paint. Whole project took a little over 2 hours and if anyone is looking for a step by step let me know. I'll include a link to the pictured we took, let me know what you think.

Plasti-Dip Pics

·
Registered
874 Posts
I did my is300 and it took me 30 min max. Really easy to do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help bro, thats exactly what i was looking for to black out my lexo. i actually got a bit to excited n painted my rims too :rolleyes:
Up load some pics!!! I got over excited too but only did my license plate frame, would love to see what the rims look like!

ivey your 300 looks sick! I think it looks so much better on a lighter color car, really stands out!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually ended up using bed liner for a pickup truck bed to give it a mild textured look, its made by duplicolor. It gave it a very subtle difference but definitely made it stand out, worked well for a semigloss look

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
I'd hit the matt black with a shot of silver plasticdip to immitate dark chrome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts