Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm planning on buying a new IS300 in the next few months. I just thought I'd post here to get some opinions and buying tips.

Here's my problem: I want a very specific model.

IS300 w/ 5-speed Manual
Electric Green Mica w/ Ivory Interior
Full Leather (Power & Leather Pkg.)
LSD
Heated Seats
Graphite Wheels
Rear Spoiler
Wheel Locks
Trunk Mat
Navigation System

There are about 5 Lexus dealers near to me. I think the farthest one away is about 1.5 hours. I plan to go to all of them to try and get the best possible price. All the dealers are...

Lawrence Lexus -- Lawrenceville, NJ
Thompson Lexus -- Doylestown, PA
Ray Catena Lexus of Monmouth -- Oakhurst, NJ
Lexus of Cherry Hill -- Maple Shade, NJ
DiFeo Lexus -- Bound Brook, NJ

I'm hoping that the dealers will be flexible on price, especially since I'm probably going to have to special order my Lexus. I know it's going to be tough to get Navigation, so if that becomes a problem, I could do without.

This will be my first new car purchase. I am 18 now, and will be 19 when I plan to buy. I bought my first car, a 1997 Nissan Maxima, with my own money. I plan to do the same with the Lexus. I'm just wondering if you guys can give me any tips on buying the IS.

Also, can any one give me opinions on the aforementioned dealers. I've searched and heard good things about all of them except for Cherry Hill Lexus. Anyone else have opinions?

The total MSRP for the car I want is $34,917 and invoice is $30,546. Without Navigation, I'm looking at $32,917 MSRP and $28,846 Invoice. What kind of price should I expect to be? Honestly, I'd like to spend NO MORE than $31,500 for an IS w/ Navi (but cheaper is better!) and NO MORE than $29,500 for an IS w/o Navi (but, again, cheaper is better!). What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any info you can provide me with.
-Nick

1 - 1 of 1 Posts