Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally installed it. Finished installation on Thursday but I live in Mass and we had some big ass storm that night so I couldn't take photos until now. Spacial thanx to Ashhong for his tutorial and also Mrmonster for his 2001 metra mod!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't be able to perform installation w/out this info thanx a lot guys.
The unit is sick!!!!!!!!! Especially DVD mp3 support and USB. I don't have IPod and whit that I don't even need it. I plan on connecting HDD to usb port later.
I also have a blutooth tuner u can see the mic on a steering wheel.
Here it is

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
nice and clean...

I like it a lot...good mod +rep...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
nice, just finished swapping out the 7015 for the 7019 last night.
the usb feature is nice!!! thou i find it takes awhile to load from song to song... you'll see (thou maybe it differs with other mp3/media players). to bad it doesn't play video thru the usb port, guess thats only reserved for the ipod stuff (which i don't plan on getting anytime soon).

still trying to get used to this unit thou, totally different from the 7015, in a good way :) mostly the usb and divx feature i'd say! :bigSmile:

does anyone know if this unit can play divx files back to back or does it go back to the menu screen after every divx clip? i know with the alpine units you just have to add some files with the divx files and they play straight thru.

and now since i have a use for music vids, i've been going to the divx site for music vids like crazy!!! stage6.com in case anyones wondering, doesn't have all the videos you'd want but enough, quality varies obviously since all the vids there are uploaded by random users.

now if i can only figure out how to add a background pic like yours. :cool:
btw, what size did you make the background pic?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah I've been lookin' at a the Kenwoods DDX's too. From what I've seen the specs on them are good. It has the biggest screen with way more resolution, better radio reception (on paper at least) And it has RDS too! Of course they cost more :(
The Panasonics I have to say for the price are quite appealing. There's a bunch of Refurbs on ebay with warranty for around $450 shipped
Here are the comparisons I'm making: ( I know I'm a nerd )
....MODEL.......SCREEN...RES..........PIXELS...........S/N.......RECEPTION
Kenwood DDX...7 inch..480x234...336,960 pixels...98db cd...9.3db radio
Pansonic CQ..6.5 inch..400x234...280,880 pixels..100db cd.12.3db radio
JVC KW-AVX..6.5 inch..400x234...280,880 pixels...95db cd.11.3db radio

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys I have a little issue. Some mp3 files on USB won't play but the same file burned on DVD is playable. I checked all the file requirements for USB and my files seem to fit the description but the unit just skips some of them. The screen shows title and songs but won't play it!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice, just finished swapping out the 7015 for the 7019 last night.
the usb feature is nice!!! thou i find it takes awhile to load from song to song... you'll see (thou maybe it differs with other mp3/media players). to bad it doesn't play video thru the usb port, guess thats only reserved for the ipod stuff (which i don't plan on getting anytime soon).

still trying to get used to this unit thou, totally different from the 7015, in a good way :) mostly the usb and divx feature i'd say! :bigSmile:

does anyone know if this unit can play divx files back to back or does it go back to the menu screen after every divx clip? i know with the alpine units you just have to add some files with the divx files and they play straight thru.

and now since i have a use for music vids, i've been going to the divx site for music vids like crazy!!! stage6.com in case anyones wondering, doesn't have all the videos you'd want but enough, quality varies obviously since all the vids there are uploaded by random users.

now if i can only figure out how to add a background pic like yours. :cool:
btw, what size did you make the background pic?
It's easy: just download the image to your USB ( the one i have is from this forum, then go to settings,user interface, background. But u have to delete at least one out of 3 pix that u already have if u do, otherwise the unit won't read your picture on USB. Then tap memory button, select usb1, your picture
and save or enter i don't remember. There's more info in the manual. Good luck

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
don't know about it not playing any mp3 files thru the usb port being as i haven't really explored the unit extensively. what i do know is with my creative zen vision W it lags between mp3 files. haven't really came across a song that hasn't played yet. but yes it sounds weird that what plays on a dvd data disc won't play threw the usb port.

i know it won't play vid files above the standard resolutions. ie; 720p material or rather anything above 720x540 (more or less).
but it will play avi files back to back which is kool! i don't have to do any authoring for dvds anymore with this unit. just drag & drop avi files onto a data dvd and bingo! stick that into the unit and it just plays. the unit just has a pause inbetween files.

as for the changing the background, when i go to the user interface screen the memory delete button is greyed out as well as the change button.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
heres some info on the usb port;
Kenwood Corporation/USB device compatibility information

or just read this ;)

USB devices whose maximum current consumption is
500 mA or less.

USB devices belonging to the USB mass storage class*.

*"USB Mass Storage Class"
USB devices that the PC can recognize as an external storage without using any special driver or application software.
(Contact the sales agent as to whether your USB device conforms to the USB mass storage class.)

Using an unsupported USB device can result in abnormal playback or display of the audio file. Even if you use the USB device conforming to the above specs, audio files cannot be played normally depending on the type or condition of the USB device.

Specifications of USB devices may change by manufacturers matter, Therefore USB devices may not operate normally depending on the change made to the specifications.

USB devices with the same model number may have different specifications depending on the sales territory.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
don't know about it not playing any mp3 files thru the usb port being as i haven't really explored the unit extensively. what i do know is with my creative zen vision W it lags between mp3 files. haven't really came across a song that hasn't played yet. but yes it sounds weird that what plays on a dvd data disc won't play threw the usb port.

i know it won't play vid files above the standard resolutions. ie; 720p material or rather anything above 720x540 (more or less).
but it will play avi files back to back which is kool! i don't have to do any authoring for dvds anymore with this unit. just drag & drop avi files onto a data dvd and bingo! stick that into the unit and it just plays. the unit just has a pause inbetween files.

as for the changing the background, when i go to the user interface screen the memory delete button is greyed out as well as the change button.
....."u have to delete at least one out of 3 pix that u already have if u do, otherwise the unit won't read your picture on USB"....
what I mean is the unit is already preloaded with 3 background images u have to delete at least one of them therefor u are making one out of three slots avail for uploading your own picture as soon as u do that the "memory" button will be available. I had same problem took me a day to figure it out

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
heres some info on the usb port;
Kenwood Corporation/USB device compatibility information

or just read this ;)

USB devices whose maximum current consumption is
500 mA or less.

USB devices belonging to the USB mass storage class*.

*"USB Mass Storage Class"
USB devices that the PC can recognize as an external storage without using any special driver or application software.
(Contact the sales agent as to whether your USB device conforms to the USB mass storage class.)

Using an unsupported USB device can result in abnormal playback or display of the audio file. Even if you use the USB device conforming to the above specs, audio files cannot be played normally depending on the type or condition of the USB device.

Specifications of USB devices may change by manufacturers matter, Therefore USB devices may not operate normally depending on the change made to the specifications.

USB devices with the same model number may have different specifications depending on the sales territory.
well here is the thing most of files are playable on my USB so the compatibility issue is out of the question. It's just there are some of them that the unit will skip through. That's what's wierd....:confused:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Well i still haven't found a mp3 file that doesn't play on the usb.
and i finally figured out how to load backgrounds, my unit didn't have any preloaded backgrounds?! well in that menu none showed up for me to delete. but either way i figured it out. and what i did find out is that even though the manual says 480x234 is the screen resolution if you go and compose pics on photoshop at that size it doesn't quite fill the screen. most likely has to do with square pixels versus rectangle pixels.

so, i tried a couple different screen resolutions and after some research i found that 480x270 fills the screen just nicely. don't ask me why.

conclusion, this works for the 7019, and i assume the other kenwood double din units are the same... 6019, 7100, and the 8019.

·
Registered
3 Posts
back ground image.

So is there a way to make just the image you have uploaded to the player visible. I was kind of hoping it could act as a screen saver. All the buttons in satelite radio mode pretty much hide the pics. thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 20 Posts