Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into putting in a set of forged pistons and rods to handle a bigger shot of nos. If anybody knows the diamiter and compression ratio of our stock pistons it would be greatly appreciated if you would post them. Also the length of our rods to please.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
you really don't need this info if you're buying off the shelf parts...

are you planning to forge your own pistons or something???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Thanks for killing my thread. If I didnt need to know I wouldnt have asked, but thanks for your help.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
why wouldn't you just buy je or pauter or something? let them worry about the details.

I'm confused about your question on the compression of the pistons. Do you mean CC of the pistons, because compression is a result of many things???? :-?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Re: thanks

what hyper said was my thoughts to a tee

you don't need to know, the people that make there own, that have the million dollar machining tools may. if you are trying to make your own, i'd have to :lol: as that would be an all time new height as to how far someone would to to try and satisfy the "i'll do it myself" instinct . i doubt that though, because if you were, you'd have gone to the dealer to order a new piston and rod to copy in the machinery tools or to sketch in auto cad

the bore can be found easily
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=is300+bore
same with the compression
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=is300+compression

you can probably be categorized as a F&F shit talker, or you would have put "a bigger shot of nitrous" and who the fuck would waste time building an engine for nitrous, when you could get a turbo kit and spacer headgasket, and put 500rwhp down all damn day?

no chance you'll make that power with nitrous, reliably

-gte

IS3000GenII said:
Thanks for killing my thread. If I didnt need to know I wouldnt have asked, but thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuck off

There is no need for all the hating guys. The shop Im buying pistons from asked me. So I asked you. My Freakin bad, and I am not a shit talker I have been on this site for about a year and have seen some the shit talkin that goes on here you arrogant PRICK :pissed: . Just because you Wasted all that money putting a freakin supra engine in your doesnt give you the right to insult someone you no nothing about. Your a moderator arent you supposed to be helping people.

What if I wanted to bore the engine or lower the compression. wouldnt I need to know then.

P.S. nos is cheaper and I could always add a turbo later dick weed

·
2,033 Posts
Re: f*ck off

IS3000GenII said:
There is no need for all the hating guys. The shop Im buying pistons from asked me. So I asked you. My Freakin bad, and I am not a sh*t talker I have been on this site for about a year and have seen some the sh*t talkin that goes on here you arrogant PRICK :pissed: . Just because you Wasted all that money putting a freakin supra engine in your doesnt give you the right to insult someone you no nothing about. Your a moderator arent you supposed to be helping people.

What if I wanted to bore the engine or lower the compression. wouldnt I need to know then.

I think you need to stick your head in your cooler full of ice :roll:

and realize that your question was not only answered but your question was pointless when a shop should know to call a je, pauter,etc distrubitor for the specs and if you were going to bore the motor you could make it any size you want I am sure. :crazy: I am pretty sure most of the guy's running NOSSSSSS have all bored ther motors over :crazy: and you are only running a 75 shot take it to 100 on stock and there are a few guy's running 150's on stock but what ever. you seem to know more then most

·
Registered
12,082 Posts

IS3000GenII said:
There is no need for all the hating guys. The shop Im buying pistons from asked me. So I asked you. My Freakin bad, and I am not a sh*t talker I have been on this site for about a year and have seen some the sh*t talkin that goes on here you arrogant PRICK :pissed: . Just because you Wasted all that money putting a freakin supra engine in your doesnt give you the right to insult someone you no nothing about. Your a moderator arent you supposed to be helping people.

If you are going to be replacing the internals.....then it won't be cheaper than a turbo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
In regards to this. I agree, you need to put your head in a bucket of ice. GTE was just explaining that any reputable shop should be able to get that information on their own. That's usually the reason you go to them is because you do not know. Also, you call his project a waste? Building an engine for NOS is a waste, if I was going to spend that kind of money to do that, I would go with the turbo and get the boost from my foot, not a switch. I've also been on the board for a year, the length of time on the board does not correspond to knowledge of the car as you have proved.
So, just relax, you got your answer and then some. Nobody was saying anything about your question, just trying to help. :chill:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just my quick (and painfully obvious) two cents....

If the shop you're dealing with asked YOU for the measurements, you need to turn around and walk out the door, period.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts

then that shop shouldn't be working on your engine

if you wanted to bore or stroke the engine, you certainly don't give the company manufacturing things specifications. i don't think you have a concept of tolerances, you measuring a cylinder with a measuring tape certainly isn't sufficient information for a machining tool - :lol:
and you would not need that information if you wanted to put a larger bore piston in your motor, you would order a 1mm over, or 2mm over piston(s) and the machine shop would then measure each piston and bore the cylinder to the thousandth you or the piston manufacturer specifies/recommends for the amount of potential heat you would be producing. there is no technical anything from you, as you don't know what you are doing, thats what they are there for

obviously you are an immature child, as the "just because you wasted money putting a supra engine in your car" is ridiculous .... i didn't waste anything as its my money and fortunately by default, only my opinion counts. i answered your questions and even showed you how to be self proficient in the future, what more could you ask for? instead of taking that information, and realizing that maybe you need to research a little more before asking such an outlandish question, you rebut with emotions and (for lack of a better descriptor) jackassishness

heres some more info for you

if you are using cast pistons, have the machine shop bore the cylinder 2 thousandths over top of the pistons bore (they'll measure, you don't need to know anything else)

if you are using forged pistons, bore the cylinder 3.5 thousandths larger for a turbo/supercharger or nitrous application (only one) if you are using more than one, go to 4 or 4.5 thousandths

as for nitrous being cheaper, or me being a moderator, that has nothing to do with this conversation, unless the money is tied to the way you responded to being corrected

-gte

IS3000GenII said:

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
as for nitrous being cheaper, or me being a moderator, that has nothing to do with this conversation, unless the money is tied to the way you responded to being corrected
Other than in the PL, your being a moderator should preclude calling someone a shit talker, IMHO.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Re: thanks

IS300GTE said:
you can probably be categorized as a F&F sh*t talker, or you would have put "a bigger shot of nitrous" -gte

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
No matter how you phrase it, that kind of stuff will run newbs off. That and "search" was my biggest complaint when I started posting here. The PL runs over into the more serious threads.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
:-? anyway. putting all this to the side, move on to better things. i think the question has been answered or this issue was resolved no?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts