Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car got keyed...any suggestion on what I need to do..its not that deep ..but I am pissed from my driver door all the way to close to my gas tank...really pissed and if I find who did this..he or she is dead..anyway, this might be from the SOHO..cause I parked it last night and I didn't check it..I might just touch up paint it and have it buffed.

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
How deep are the scratches? My friend went to a Patriots game last year and got his door all keyed up in the parking lot. He bought that GLX stuff (you know those cheesey ads on TV?) and that seemed to work very well considering he had deep scratches. You can try that (the less expensive alternative) to see how it works, and if it doesn't, then I guess take it to a shop (more expensive alternative) :wink:

·
Registered
187 Posts
If it's not too deep you can buff it out by hand using a tiny dab of light compound and a little trial size thing of the paint from your dealer... I did that on mine. you can still tell its there if you look real close, but from a few steps away you can't tell...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys..but it really not that bad from a far..but when you look closer it is bad..what can you do..I will just wait till I can trade this baby... :pissed:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
flipside
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing