Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an Pioneer avic u310bt headunit for my 2001 is300.
I want to purchase subs to set up a decent system. Looking to spend between 150-250.
What kind of subs would you suggest for around that price range ?
and is it possible to have a decent sound system with that price range in mind?
Should i wait to get the subs before i get the headunit installed?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
well that stereo isnt that great of a unit. as for the navigation it has no points of interests and for the rca pre outs theres only 2. front and rear/sub so not to good for doing a full system no dvd player and no av inputs only thing it has going is the bluetooth..

·
Registered
117 Posts
What size subs you looking for? The size and brand is going to make a difference in price.Look on Ebay you can probably get some decent 10 inch kicker or JL subs for around $250.You won't get a decent amp,subs and box for $250 unless you buy it hot or used from someone.Try to get the type of head unit you want but with at least 4 volt RCA outputs and 3 pre-outs!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
deesz is right. you should've bought a headunit that was better suited for your needs. the guy who posted above me, he knows nothing, except that 4 volt pre outs are good. at that price range, you have to go used. that means learn what works, then look for it used.

·
Registered
117 Posts
deesz is right. you should've bought a headunit that was better suited for your needs. the guy who posted above me, he knows nothing, except that 4 volt pre outs are good. at that price range, you have to go used. that means learn what works, then look for it used.

Keep your 2 cents this guy is offering advice that was already said......He didn't even help you out my man!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
now you wont get much if anything descent for around 150 let alone 250 my sugg. save up another month or two and spend around 500 to 550. you need to factor in an amp a sub a box and wiring including a high low converter granted the amp doesnt have a built in one

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
haven's seen anyone suggest a bazooka tube in a long time.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
haven's seen anyone suggest a bazooka tube in a long time.
well i was thinking how to save some money and i starting thinking about all in ones.
basslink---- wouldnt produce any more bass than stock 6x9s but its one of my favorites as far as a little bit of fill
kenwood ksc-sw10---- really small but doesnt produce more than a bass shaker.
kenwood ksc-wd250---- i personally like the bass link better

then it hit me why not a bazooka tube they produce ok amounts of bass better then all of the other things i mentioned. lmao....

oh and steven i think i found a sub that would be more hidden then your stealth box of which i have a customer who wants one. are they still available.

Amazon.com: Aura Pro Bass Shaker: Electronics

lmao...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.