Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to purchase a new IS soon... and currently have a Pioneer D3 DVD/Nav unit in my truck, I havn't been able to find a dash kit for the new IS's.... anybody here added an aftermarket DVD/Nav or seen any installed? Just wondering if I'll be able to keep my D3 or, if there is no kit available, I may just sell it with my F150 - might help get rid of that big terd lol.
thanks

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
It would look out of place. You should get the ISx50 with the NAV.

·
Registered
33 Posts
check out the website in my sig. i have pics there. yes it looks a little out of place but a whole lot cheaper than factory nav and if you are picky about the packages on the IS, there might be a delay for custom order + dealers are less likely to give you a good quote on the car.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The factory nav is -grossly- overpriced and under-featured.

However, there is no factory dash kit for the 2IS.

So your options are:

1) Factory nav (see top of post)

2) No factory nav (get the Mark Levinson stereo though) and an aftermarket standalone GPS- This option will run around $150-300 and do more than the factory unit will while saving thousands of bucks. But it'll sit on top of the dash.

3) Same as option 2, but get a custom installed in-dash GPS unit. (ie a shop will fabricate to make it fit/look right)_ Cost will still be less than the factory one, with more features, but will cost significantly more than option 2, and you lose the portability if you drive/ride in more than 1 vehicle with any frequency.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts