Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the threads for hours, and cant find anything about the z1 specifically.
I got a great deal on one, and want to install it in my 02 IS300.
I've gotten the gist that you can't just install it with a wiring harness, like in every other vehicle, is that correct?
Why can't this be done?
I also keep reading about the navigation voice not coming through. What causes this?
Basically, I just want to be able to get the navigation working, and be able to listen to music. I'm not particular in hearing turn by turn directions.
Does the speed sensor wire HAVE to be hooked up? I've heard mixed opinions....
And last, but not least, while I'm at it... What can I do to disable the parking brake wire (so i can use all functions all the time)

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Z1 can be bypassed so all functions can operate w/o the parking brake. All pioneers has a lil trick to it. I believe the Z1 is a flip out moniter. If my memory is correct on that one, there is a plate (silver looking) on the bottom being held by to screws. Take the plate off, you will se the bottom of the circuit board with to solder points, jumping those point together should bypass the gyro.

·
Registered
44 Posts
check out avic411.com, it has all the tricks and stuff for the avics before doing what I said above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have an avic n2 an based on that i can tell u the vehical dynamics dosent need to be hooked up an all u need is a after maket wire harnest which is pretty cheap an u will be ready to install yout avic double din

1 - 4 of 4 Posts