Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
again, i'm gonna say dooooooooooooooo it.

i've played around with the unit, features per pricepoint you can't go wrong.

you can customize the illumination to match the interior.

i'll hook you up with the install. you're car would be the 5th IS300 i've put a screen in the past 3 months.

Reactions: Denis

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
again, i'm gonna say dooooooooooooooo it.

i've played around with the unit, features per pricepoint you can't go wrong.

you can customize the illumination to match the interior.

i'll hook you up with the install. you're car would be the 5th IS300 i've put a screen in the past 3 months.
check your pm

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
my buddy has this in his celica. he says its pretty nice. compared to my Panasonic unit, its got some nicer features but maybe not as nice overall quality he says.

Do you need a trim kit Denis?

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the overall quality of the sound blows? and whats a trim kit? i'm assuming its the housing for it?

one question, whats the best place to put this. should i replace my cd-player slot or throw it ontop of the dash?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
ya. sound quality, fit and finish quality etc. you will need a trim kit to have this installed in our centre console's. It can only replace your current CD/Player Double-DIN slot. The trim kit matches the double-din fitment and IS300 contours.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
sorry to thread jack. but how about this unit?

Alpine Mobile DVD Player IVAD105

Someone offered a trade for my rims for these and a bit of cash.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I got this deck and I absolutely love it.

Best $800 I spent on my car so far.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
$1k seems pricing for a D3? I got my DNX7100 off ebay for $1k 6 months ago, and that does so much more than the D3. How are D3 pricing on ebay today? Should be WAY less than $1k.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I looked mine up on kijiji and found it for $800 brand new.

·
Registered
962 Posts
well Denis knows what my opinion is on this. panasonic is not bad, but i don't like the execution of their menus. kenwoods are definitely better now, but still not a fan of the garmin nav. looks "cartoonish"

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$1k seems pricing for a D3? I got my DNX7100 off ebay for $1k 6 months ago, and that does so much more than the D3. How are D3 pricing on ebay today? Should be WAY less than $1k.
i posted where im buying it from.
amazon.com
$617.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Sorry, I was in a hurry. My pet rabbit was at the emergency vet last yesterday. She passed away over night. RIP Dutchie. You were loved.

D3 is a good option if the price pt. is low enough. If the price is close to the other models, then the D3's feature set falls behind too much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guess this thread is about dead, but I just picked one up from Crutchfied's outlet (just google it). It's an open box, but brand new for 699. It came with a free backup camera as well. They do not have a harness (not sure if anyone has one that werks) so I had them throw in a (free) civi harness so that I can splice a male civic harness into the dash instead of the radio itself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts