Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up IS Community? So wait...you need the navigation cd-rom inside the cd changer to use the navigation system? Also would I need a new harness to install the headunit into my is300? Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You should search for the specifics but for the most part, yes you need the CD to be in when navigating. It does also have a memory mode for when you remove the nav disc but your navigating options are limited at that point.

As far as a harness is concerned, you will need one if using the stock amps and speakers.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Best idea for Navi disc solution - you buy a used XM box off of ebay for less than $40, the iPod direct cable for less than $25, and a used 30g iPod for dirt cheap. Next, load up the iPod with as much songs/videos/movies as you can find and throw it in your glove box plugged into the cable. Get your XM box hooked up. Then put the Navi disc in and you'll be set. I can't remember when I put a cd in last, LOL!

Couple of things to remember with this setup:
- Don't forget to swap the yellow wire and ground it so you can watch videos while driving.
- Buy the OEM pioneer cable so all of the functions work with the iPod (BTW, it's the most superior cable I've seen so far.)
- Don't buy the newest iPod series (Touch, Nano, etc), because the cable wll not allow you to watch videos/movies.

Reactions: howardtan

·
Registered
231 Posts
all in true ^ ....dido on what you said jademicaaltezza.... (except i'm a sirius man lol) but yes definetely get the ipod.... and leave the nav disc in all the time.... in fact i've forgotten what a cd is i think.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
all in true ^ ....dido on what you said jademicaaltezza.... (except i'm a sirius man lol) but yes definetely get the ipod.... and leave the nav disc in all the time.... in fact i've forgotten what a cd is i think.....
Agreed! I never take out the navi map disc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Best idea for Navi disc solution - you buy a used XM box off of ebay for less than $40, the iPod direct cable for less than $25, and a used 30g iPod for dirt cheap. Next, load up the iPod with as much songs/videos/movies as you can find and throw it in your glove box plugged into the cable. Get your XM box hooked up. Then put the Navi disc in and you'll be set. I can't remember when I put a cd in last, LOL!

Couple of things to remember with this setup:
- Don't forget to swap the yellow wire and ground it so you can watch videos while driving.
- Buy the OEM pioneer cable so all of the functions work with the iPod (BTW, it's the most superior cable I've seen so far.)
- Don't buy the newest iPod series (Touch, Nano, etc), because the cable wll not allow you to watch videos/movies.
Good summary. I am the same way. To this day I have never listened to a CD since having the D3. Usually either listen to Sirrius or my IPOD on shuffle.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts