Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since damn near everyone here has seen a thread about this deck in our car its nice to have this to come to..... thanks alot by the way to everyone who posted anything about it
my problem is or better yet question of anyone that has installed this deck im finding it questionable whether or not it will play wma files..... i have about 10000-15000 songs on my computer and putting them on a disc i dont have the option (to my knowledge) to convert to mp3 from wma
i went through one of my discs tonight and found tracks 1-14 16-39 were skipped and i noticed they were all wma i went all the way through the disc and anytime it came up a wma the song was skipped i finally came across one wma track that played but it was the only one.... first has anyone else had this or a similar issue??? second, does anyone know of a way to convert the tracks to mp3 from wma???? i mainly use windows media player and prefer not to buy a program to do it but i may consider it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it may but im noy using itunes.... all the mp3 players ive had just use wma or mp3 or even wav.... i think i may have figured it out it seems it the songs that have media usage rights that you can burn to audio cd but not a data cd

·
Registered
796 Posts
Go to this site, I found it the other day and the forums are great and just for the Avics.

AVIC411.com :: Index

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow that is a great link thanks..... im still not finding anything on media usage rights.... which is what im thinking it is, im trying to burn media that is protected and the comp can connect to the internet and get the rights to play but the stereo cant.... so im trying to convert 35 hours of music from wma to unprotected mp3's
anyone know an easy way without paying for a program????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts