Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I see many posts on previous appradio head units but has anyone installed the new AppRadio 4? I'm hoping to buy either that unit or the 4200 NEX (if I can find one in stock) this week before my road trip for July 4th.

Can anyone share their experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Installed a few in customers vehicles but haven't messed with it much myself. Putting one in my Land Cruiser this weekend so I'll let you know how that goes after I play with it enough.

Edit: initial impressions are good though as an essentially CarPlay dedicated radio (I know not entirely but that is front and center with the unit really). Only other direct competitor is the Alpine ILX which does CarPlay in a slightly cleaner fashion, and I mean just slightly. But the Alpine doesn't offer Bluetooth audio so in order to play your music you always have to be plugged in. Which is the main reason I'm doing the Pioneer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently installed a AVIC 7100 NEX with the BeatSonic adapter kit in my IS-F. I'm new to ApppRadio, but from what I've seen so far it is nothing short of awesome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts