Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my deck with the metra harness installed last week, the problem is that the sound from the rear speakers sometimes are not working and it jumps to the front speakers when i turn the volume up / down at a certain point. At first i thought it was the harness problem so i had it exchanged and installed again and the same problem came up.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problem you're having with the metra, Monster. I think you'll be much happier when you get your amp and new rears (not nor rears, depending on which way you go). Nice stable, simple connection that you know will work for sure, and nothing glitchy. In anycase, nice write up on how to mod the metra for 01.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have similar problems. I hooked up a D3 using the Metra harness in an 02 an notice "jumping" or "roaming" sound also. My plan is to replace all of the stock speakers and get rid of the Metra. That way when troubleshooting there will be one less piece to the puzzle.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm pretty sure it would be a harness issue, not that each harness you've used is defective, but just because the harness has to "emulate" fading controls. From what I remember, there are no fade controls on the stock HU itself, all the fading is controlled by the stock amp depending on a digital signal you feed it. I'm sure the metra harness can send the amp this signal, but the question is, when to send the signal to fade.... ie how the aftermarket HU tells the metra harness when to fade. My theory is that the metra harness has to guess when to fade depending on signal levels of the pre-outs from the aftermarket HU.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did anyone try the other new harness that will work with the factory amp?and do they actually work? because im not planning to change my amp and the speakers for now

·
Registered
132 Posts
I read about this too and malfunctions with any box-adapter harness are frequent.
Fortunately I was lucky enough to not have this problem at all. I got the Metra from Circuity City Online, using a Pioneer 3900... I had engine noise one time and that was it.
sorry about your luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts